Storm damage… the morning after the night before.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hope belonged to one of the close pass merchants that often drive those sorts of cars - otherwise I will have to feel sorry for the owner
now now - I used to drive one of those - a big red one.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Hotel I stayed in last night, in the Lake District, suffered a broken window and lost a few roof tiles. Onecof the staff has a tree fall on her home conservatory and a man was killed a few miles away by a falling tre.

On the drive back home today there were fallen trees all over the place. I have never seen so many.
Just looking at my local FB pages, there's loads in the Lancaster Morecambe area too...
_6CWKP&tn=F3kaHYx8lR0FaBbi&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-2.jpg

nc_ohc=02ejrMLRTE0AX9siRSg&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-1.jpg

8_icIV&tn=F3kaHYx8lR0FaBbi&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-2.jpg

9SVHof&tn=F3kaHYx8lR0FaBbi&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-2.jpg

nc_ohc=rz3yOYwAZCMAX8sdw8e&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-1.jpg

nc_ohc=RyFKhteuwX0AX9MJKmS&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-2.jpg

nc_ohc=-BYN7mmH2QEAX_AUnxB&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-2.jpg

nc_ohc=oDJX91mkyxoAX-3aVe4&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-1.jpg

-u3_RD&tn=F3kaHYx8lR0FaBbi&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-1.jpg

nc_ohc=OlA2FL4SR8wAX-B9srR&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-2.jpg

nc_ohc=IWYuTNBOOHAAX_Sb_XV&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-2.jpg

some big old trees gone for good... all within a few miles :eek:

gbb

Legendary Member
Blustery here, no more. Dog seemed a bit mental as I walked him before lunch, no damage here, no high winds. Electric has stuttered for a second or two a handful of times...but thats it.
Circa 1975/76 we had a storm no one seems to remember, we lived in Notts at the time, trees were down everywhere, multiple roads blocked...i was at one stage within 1.5 miles from home and it took me three detours and about 15 miles to get there :laugh:

Sharky

Guru
Circa 1975/76
Remember the summer of 75, it was hot.

Reactions: gbb
Power was stuttering with each big gust. We thought the power was going to go out so we went to bed and slept through. The dog was very unsettled.

A big crash just after we went to bed. We didn't go to look. Early morning my partner checked out back and trampoline was missing. It was flipped on its side and rolled across the patio. Took out the gutter near the gable.

Trees down everywhere n locally. One in our garden is leaning now and some big branches snapped off the big leylandii tree.

What I thought was dodgy was a few large boulders were in the road from a crag and from retaining walls. Some were covered in tree debris. Some vehicles have driven over such debris piles in some places. Possibly because stopping to let an oncoming car before you drive around they went over. Little damage unless you hit the ones with boulders. Expensive repair or insurance write off.

Top Bottom