Storm damage… the morning after the night before.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
Gate blown down at the end of the garden. To be fair to the gate, the hinges had already been weakened by being kicked by some local scallies a few weeks ago and we hadn't got round to fixing it. Going to board it up today.
In a previous storm, in a previous house, we got back from a gig one night and for a few seconds couldn't work out why the weather was continuing indoors. The domed skylight had completely blown away. We searched and searched the neighbourhood and never found it. One of life's mysteries.

Sharky

Guru

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
https://www.theweatheroutlook.com/amp/twocontent.aspx?type=tystat&id=760&title=The+Summer+of+1975

I particularly remember 1975. It was the year we got married. On May 31st, it was a really warm and sunny day, then we went on honeymoon to Norfolk and it was really cold and miserable. Even snowed. Then on our return, it became the hottest summer since 1947 (according to the link above).

You're right about 1976, it was also a hot summer.
76 was the best I can ever remember.
Blazing hot for weeks on end.
I'd turned 21 and just bought a 750 Honda - did thousands of miles on it that summer. ^_^

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The only thing reported here at Tobermory so far is a yacht which vanished from it’s mooring and not reported as being found yet. At least one fishing boat is keeping a lookout along Ardnamurchan where it is most unlikely to be in a northerly gale. More likely ashore on Morvern or sunk.

Gillstay

Über Member
76 was the best I can ever remember.
Blazing hot for weeks on end.
I'd turned 21 and just bought a 750 Honda - did thousands of miles on it that summer. ^_^
And best of all never carried waterproofs with you. BSA 250.

Passed a house today with a long drive. They've at least four or five trees down blocking access.
It's a fancy house so I'm sure they can afford a chainsaw.

Mrs M

Guru
Out yesterday helping neighbours clear up the glass blown around from their shattered greenhouse panes!
Discovered our satellite dish at top of driveway this morning, luckily missed landing on our car directly below.
Funnily enough our neighbours business is satellite dishes, over this afternoon to tidy up and new dish on it’s way soon!
Apart from that just leaves in the garden.
Met our other neighbour tonight who was arriving home after taking out flasks of soup, camping stoves and other supplies to some of the folks in Aberdeenshire who still have no power.

One winter storm saw a neighbour's shed roof detach and land in the middle of the road. No damage and the roof was put back with more screws and nails!

Top Bottom