Strange Clubs and Societies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I've occasionally come across some clubs which apparently exist for the sole purpose of kicking an inflatable bladder around a large field. They seem to take it all extremely seriously.

Very odd.
I'm sooo glad I'm not the only person who thinks that!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I have discovered the Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Scientists.

Yes, its a real club. I have the science degrees, but am sadly lacking in the follicle department.

When I joined the workforce as young lad, I had planned to join a club or two. In those days, unless it was a sporting club, you had to find a sponsor and someone to second your nomination. Some clubs even had waiting list. You had to buys rounds of drinks before you can even be considered.

It took me about 10 years of working life to realise none of them amounted to anything except to please some power crazy old farts to hold office as President, Secretary and treasurer and throw their weight around.

I found more joy and a sense of association cycling around exploring places, meeting people and watch the World go by.

Biker man

When I joined the workforce as young lad, I had planned to join a club or two. In those days, unless it was a sporting club, you had to find a sponsor and someone to second your nomination. Some clubs even had waiting list. You had to buys rounds of drinks before you can even be considered.

It took me about 10 years of working life to realise none of them amounted to anything except to please some power crazy old farts to hold office as President, Secretary and treasurer and throw their weight around.

I found more joy and a sense of association cycling around exploring places, meeting people and watch the World go by.
Well done couldn't agree with any more .

If you join a sports club (e.g. cycling) it is likely your membership will happen at a button-click, and if you volunteer for any position of responsiblity it will be rubber-stamped before you've even finished speaking.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
There is something called a boogie woogie piano club on facebook if anyone is interested. Thought not:laugh:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
There is something called a boogie woogie piano club on facebook if anyone is interested. Thought not:laugh:
Jools Holland is in that club.

Motorhead are guests on his show. Jools plays boogie woogie piano along with the band.

Ludwig Van Beethoven is playing live on the show. Jools plays boogie woogie piano.

Fruends funeral. Out comes the boogie woogie piano.

Top Bottom