Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randy Butternubs

Über Member
I came across signs like this around Salisbury Plain

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjCexsalxf8PrRQ03hHM5PGbFAQfAIyvQNgZsmdvtDRExpS6SOzQ.jpg

Whilst out last week I saw one large red sign at the side of the road near Badsworth, with the wording "Cats eyes removed" I think it's a bit harsh, surely the RSPCA might have something to say about that, also driving out of Sherburn in Elmet the council have put a sign out with the message "Warning Potholes" well that'll help won't it, not. :banghead:

On Lunnsfield Lane (from Fairburn, to, Burton Salmon)
Granted, the surface under the railway bridge is horrible on skinny tyres
The rise, is the bridge over the (new) A1, as I headed towards Burton Salmon, & the 'Tadcaster TurnPike' (A162)

DSCF2475.JPG

Can't see it very well from the Streetview but this warning sign just before the duck pond in Foolow always cheers me up.
View attachment 406482
Around Cannon Hall, (west of Barnsley), there's the Toad Crossing signs, but those are put out by the Hall/gardens
Here's some more
http://www.geograph.org.uk/of/toad+crossing+sign

I came across signs like this around Salisbury Plain

View attachment 406532
There's quite a few of those around Catterick, in North Yorkshire too
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/585300

Randombiker9

Whilst out last week I saw one large red sign at the side of the road near Badsworth, with the wording "Cats eyes removed" I think it's a bit harsh, surely the RSPCA might have something to say about that, also driving out of Sherburn in Elmet the council have put a sign out with the message "Warning Potholes" well that'll help won't it, not. :banghead:

i thought cat eyes were just things on the roads to show you the centre of road, hard shoulder etc... (seen them when i've been in parents car not really when cycling)

So it probs means those cat eyes. not actual cat eyes :tongue:

Last edited:

the_craig

Über Member
Folk like to race sheep here in Wales

View attachment 406503

I thought it would involve a different kind of riding tbh...

No, I haven't been caught out, when we've been there, but have seen others done so
The far end is a rather isolated location, with not many homes
ufhu.jpg

This is actually a legal road..............
Well, a 'BOAT', or was ('Byway Open To All Traffic')
2009. Morecambe Bay road. 1.JPG

I'm sure someone will know both locations
I've run over the lower signed road (or most of it)

Last edited:
Top Bottom