Strange things you see whilst out cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
This was certainly unexpected!

20200829_095119.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not recent but we once got mixed up in a local cycle race in a small town in N. Belgium. The sight of about 50 riders with heads down sprinting towards you is frightening. We just froze where we were and they all missed us. :ohmy:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Ever seen something you genuinely cannot explain?:

Years ago, I was going along the off road cycletrack between Dumbarton and Renton and was approaching where the A82 crosses over the path. There are a couple of gates and cattle grids on both sides underneath the bridge for the local farm.

Anyway... I was approaching this, when I saw what looked like an old woman or man, walking along the path, but there was something odd about their face. They seemed happy but I couldn't really see them close enough to properly make out why they looked so odd. Also they were walking away from me which of course didn't help, but they were still looking around so that I was able to see enough. They had short grey/silver hair.

They disappeared under the bridge and when I stopped to open the first of the gates, I heard the second gate on the other side open and close (it's a blind corner).

So, curious, I continued round to the other gate, fully expecting to see whoever it was... But... Nothing... They had completely vanished. I looked everywhere, even the undergrowth of the road embankment, but, no.

Even now I cannot explain it as there is no way they could have run away or really gone anywhere in the time frame and why would they have climbed up to a busy A82?
They just disappeared into thin air! 🤔
It's next to a large piece of open ground too and not even Usain Bolt could have scampered away in time! It was quite extraordinary, where did they go and what the heck was wrong with their face anyway?

It's true that being next to the River Leven that it is a well known suicide spot... But still... I heard and saw nothing pertaining to that!

I genuinely have no idea where they went, they simply disappeared! 😱

Last edited:
A few years ago I was cycling through a small wooded area in the middle of no where taking a short cut, Then I started to hear the Bag Pipes, At this point I thought I was cracking up but it just got louder. There in the middle of the wood was a guy playing the Bag Pipes ( and I have to say very well) I spoke to him and he said his Wife wouldn't let him play them in the house so he had to take them out !

Top Bottom