Strange things you see whilst out cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Somebody in a giant rabbit's head in a car park in Haughly on Monday - I can only hope it was part of an early Easter egg hunt and not something in my drinks bottle.
Puts me in mind of this

View: https://youtu.be/WANNqr-vcx0

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A garden shed by the roadside at the top of a steepish hill near me had a 4ft high model goblin on the roof. Usually I was concentrating on the blind corner looking out for traffic but just happened to glance up and the streetlight seemed to pick it out. Sober it gave me a start but if well oiled could really turn you off alcohol.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Mountain biking at night, three badgers started running along side me. They are big buggers and glad they didn’t veer into me.
Never seen three together, but solo badger ambushes are fairly common on night rides. A really big deer once ran in front of us between Harefield and Ruislip (on the downhill out of the village). Terrifying.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Never seen three together, but solo badger ambushes are fairly common on night rides. A really big deer once ran in front of us between Harefield and Ruislip (on the downhill out of the village). Terrifying.

There’s a badger set in some woods I used to regularly mountain bike through. I just happened to bike through at the time they were out and about.

Jim Cardiff

Narrowboat ? Unless it's a left over Viking raider ?

It must be 50 years ago now; leaving Bath towards Bradford on Avon, about 9pm. Coming around a bend, there in the centre of the road, a pair of trousers on fire. No one about at all. It has become something of a family legend.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Today in Donyatt this poor lady was waiting for a train; seems no one had told her about the Beeching cuts in the early '60s.
20220428_085849.jpg

Last edited:
Wind turbines that weren't spinning, and I don't mean the odd one, but dozens of them. For the first time in an absolute age, there was very little wind on my ride today.

We had to stop the bikes once to let a large load go past. Turbine blade off to the local wind farm. Blooming massive. I don't think people appreciate quite how big these things are.

Top Bottom