Strava is a Flawed App

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tradesecrets

I did a experiment ....

It can't differentiate to what method of transport you use .

I switched it on to record a route whereby i broke recs etc . Even though i was travelling by train .

Hahahaha

Do you think for a sec someone that follows would evrn notice Hardly

Slick

Guru
Your time will be removed. Apparently it happens more than you would think.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Lots of threads on here about Strava cheats.

Apparently Audax UK uses software for the DIY submissions that can pick up any abnormalities on the GPX file a rider supplies. So it should work out if you did the route in a car, even at slow speeds for example. Just some chatter I was listening to on a recent ride.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I switched it on to record a route whereby i broke recs etc . Even though i was travelling by train .

Hahahaha

Well done on beating the system. #smallvictories

Even without the speed factor, do you not think the fact that your route follows railway lines rather than roads might be a bit of a clue?

If anyone even cares, that is.

Jody

Stubborn git
That 'ride' won't be there for long

Indeed. Normally the ride has been flagged within an hour if I leave it running and drive somewhere. Good thing is they allow you to edit the car journey out and reinstate your ride.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I did a experiment ....

It can't differentiate to what method of transport you use .

Hahahaha

Err, how do you think it could differentiate as it is just picking up raw data from your device?
Given that other than motorways there are very few roads which are dead straight for prolonged periods, a train journey is going stand out.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
To find more Strava cockwombles, check out Stravaw*nk*rs :okay:

Mods: delete if inappropriate :rolleyes:

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
This is why there is a flagging system, if I lose a KOM these days it tends to be someone riding a MTB trail nearby and then driving home with Strava "accidentally" running on their roof.

Top Bottom