Strava is a Flawed App

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Err, how do you think it could differentiate as it is just picking up raw data from your device?
Given that other than motorways there are very few roads which are dead straight for prolonged periods, a train journey is going stand out.
There was one from Shannon to Belfast.

Since when was Kermit a strava user?
So you think KOM means King of the Mountain, no it’s Kermit on a Moped. Hence why some of the times are unbelievable.

Bodhbh

Guru
To find more Strava cockwombles, check out Stravaw*nk*rs :okay:

Mods: delete if inappropriate :rolleyes:

Some serious sense of humour failures there. Does anyone really care if a guy on a moped/horse/plane/lawnmower/taking the bus to the pub gets a KOM? I was laughing out loud reading that, but some people seem to care too much. "That's the second time my KOM has been beaten by a guy on a plane this week" lol.

At the other end, enjoyed the Strava - I walked to the post box/up some stairs/mowed the front lawn and had 7 beers/ etc.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I have a runner friend who just set a load of Strava records during a half marathon, including a sub-minute two km sprint. Admittedly he did the last two miles of the race in the back of an ambulance...

bpsmith

Veteran
I have a runner friend who just set a load of Strava records during a half marathon, including a sub-minute two km sprint. Admittedly he did the last two miles of the race in the back of an ambulance...
Are you suggesting he faked injury just to set those PB’s?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Are you suggesting he faked injury just to set those PB’s?
You'd have to admire his commitment if that was the case. He spent the entire bank holiday weekend on a drip and is still in hospital having his heart checked out.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I don't use Strava but I do find the Strava Global Heat Map absolutely rivetting; it's the clearest indication of where in the world people have got the money, the time, and more importantly the spare energy to run around for fun or buy expensive sports bikes and ride them around.

Look at the difference between Europe and Africa. Admittedly there's a big difference in population desnity but all the same it's interesting:

https://www.strava.com/heatmap#2.05/-40.62341/13.03018/hot/all

Top Bottom