Strava Morons again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Been out for a ride this morning, up the Bure Valley along side the 15" gauge railway, that goes from Hoveton/Wroxham to Alysham 9,8 miles, nice ride, wind was a higher than I would like but at least I got a tailwind home. I did some of it the other day so on loading it up into Strava it showed I had a personal best, I looked at the segment, I took 4 minutes at an average speed to 9 miles an hour, it then showed me the KOM (although this is flat) a George Farrow-Green 1:38 with an average speed of 22.8 miles an hour WTF is somebody riding at that kind of speed on a public track, sorry but it's just ridiculous. Ah Rant over, move along nothing to see.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is plenty of silly stuff. Unless they are done at silly o'clock in the morning/evening, then it's stupidity with other folk around. But you aren't going to stop that. :wacko:

Jody

Stubborn git
Did you click on the KOM to view their ride? You will be able to see their full ride including what time of day they took the KOM

Venod

Eh up
It doesn't seem unusual to me if it was ridden when nobody else was about, if a busy track with pedestrians I would agree its hooliganism, but we don't know the circumstances of the ride.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Either at odd times, an e-bike or a drone. So either daft or fake.
Suspect just total arrogance I was speaking to an elderly lady who thanked me for stopping she was saying some riders seem to expect you to jump out of their way
If you feel that aggrieved by it then flag it up.
Isn't that just for ones that you believe are fake?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Did you click on the KOM to view their ride? You will be able to see their full ride including what time of day they took the KOM
Not a Premium member so can't see anything other than the time & speed
It doesn't seem unusual to me if it was ridden when nobody else was about, if a busy track with pedestrians I would agree its hooliganism, but we don't know the circumstances of the ride.
I can't see any circumstances where it could possibly be acceptable

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Hang on - so it's OK for you to get a PB on this segment - but not faster people ? What's the cut off speed ?
I got a PB of 5 seconds quicker than my Monday effort, I also got several 2nd best times so not quite sure why you're upset about me riding around at 9mph am I riding too slow for you?

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
I got a PB of 5 seconds quicker than my Monday effort, I also got several 2nd best times so not quite sure why you're upset about me riding around at 9mph am I riding too slow for you?
What's the segment name/number? I'll have a look ;)

Top Bottom