Strava Morons again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I once rode at 34 mph for three miles along a shared path. I got 2nd place on Strava to one Simon Yates. The sight lines were excellent there were no pedestrians. Do I regret it? No. It was approipriate for the conditions at that point in time.

Damn, I've seem to be on PistonHeads by mistake

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

The OP has assumed that because someone exceeded their 6.2mph average, that the other person did it in dangerous conditions. We have no evidence of this.
Along with several conversations with walkers about having to get out of the way of fast riding cyclists but heyho you speed freaks know this track that you've never ridden better than I.

It's slightly different but would you all that advocate it's acceptable to do it as long as it's quiet also support cars at 60mph in 30mph zones & 100mph on motorways at quiet times?

Nobody is saying it's acceptable to race along a shared path in use are they ? That's really antisocial.

You've no idea of the circumstances when the PB was set. Presumably it was empty.

Flag the section if you want and you think it's dangerous.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Strava KOM is pointless willy-waving of the highest order. Some of the segments are about 50 yards long, just so some cretin can get his* name up in lights!

*it's bound to be a bloke

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
There are several segments on the gently downhill part of the C2C track east of Consett in County Durham.

Despite several 'Cyclists slow down' signs, I've been passed a handful of times by roadies clearly going for it - during the day, with leisure cyclists, pedestrians, and dogs also using the path.

Irresponsible Strava louts.

I thought Strava was a fully automated system therefore whoever rides any particular segment their times are recorded, where would one 'wave their Willy' if finding themselves at the top of a list? Isn't it all virtual.

I thought Strava was a fully automated system therefore whoever rides any particular segment their times are recorded, where would one 'wave their Willy' if finding themselves at the top of a list? Isn't it all virtual.
I don't think so. Riders have to agree to share their rides. The default is private.

Mike_P

Guru
If there is an issue with cyclists speeds being inappropriate on a shared track Strava does presumably have some complaint process in place as the section of NCN67 between Harrogate and Ripley is now flagged as being dangerous and times are no longer logged. The main chunck of it is on old railway lines with good visibility.

Jody

Stubborn git
I don't think so. Riders have to agree to share their rides. The default is private.

The default position is everything is on show to the public. If you set your ride as private you are removed from leaderboards.

Top Bottom