Strava on a Mobile stopping recording

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
First ride today with GPS status on mobile and another fail :banghead:.Ride home took me within 400 MTS of where is stopped recording this morning and absolutely fine it appears so hit and miss
Been using the Strava phone app (iOS) for the last 2-3 years and I've never had a problem. Maybe one partially recorded commute in all that time - and I do around 4,000 miles + commuting each year.

Last week, had 2 commutes fail completely on me. Started the app, locked phone, put into back pocket... got to destination only to find that each time I'd manage to record about 15 seconds of my rides.

I haven't changed anything in my routine, so have to conclude that there might have been an app update or something that's caused the issue. No issues in the last few days. Will continue to monitor and see...

Sounds like me , I done exact same , left house started strava turned screen off , got to other end and it recorded about a minute of my commute and said my average was 537 mph ! Then on my commute home it worked perfect and the next morning ( today ) it went haywire again and didn't record my commute apart from the first 11 seconds and it also recorded my route as a straight line ( as if I'd travelled in a helicopter)

Stantheman

Haven't used strava for a while,but, it's was always faultless. However, an app I use for hillwalking called Outdoors GPS has recently been giving the same issues you describe. Coincide maybe?

wonderloaf

Veteran
First ride today with GPS status on mobile and another fail :banghead:.Ride home took me within 400 MTS of where is stopped recording this morning and absolutely fine it appears so hit and miss
Maybe I've just been lucky then. Have you tried running another app alongside to see if the same thing happens to it, as I said I use Viewranger and Mapmyride. If you get the same problem on all the apps then it's probably the GPS, if it only happens on Strava then it would be a fault with app.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
So today rode a 50 mile ride going past both identified black spots and everything worked perfectly :smile:
No idea why mobile back to how it was before problem occurred no extra apps ? . may have just been a glitch ?

Top Bottom