Strava Refuse To Continue Working With Relive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bill and Ted have grown old.

I would imagine the relive people can only very loosely be called a company. I doubt very much there's a lot of money in providing such an add on.

I think most of the people providing this stuff are almost one man bands.....dude.

D

Deleted member 26715

On a sensible note, sorry I'll go stand in the corner in a minute, I used it yesterday to see if it was still as boring as it was before, which was a resounding Yes, however what I did notice is that it ignores your Strava privacy zones, it started & ended right at my house. This could well be one of the issues for Strava.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I wasn't aware of this and very much take your point. I would not though expect to read in a Press Release from anyone:

"So, this sucks," "We thought we had a thing," "we’re bummed about this."

This makes me concerned as to their professionalism. While I appreciate this is very probably young people addressing an audience much younger than me, I'm 65, I don't find these appropriate phrases for a PR. Second language or not professionals should know this. One should always be very careful with public announcements and sensitive to the potentially wide range of people who read them.

You are completely out of their target market, they target people using the language the market uses. They are not alone in this, the vast majority of companies aiming at a younger demographic will do the same. Grandpa writing might work for Saga, but not for material aimed at 20 year olds.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
You are completely out of their target market, they target people using the language the market uses. They are not alone in this, the vast majority of companies aiming at a younger demographic will do the same. Grandpa writing might work for Saga, but not for material aimed at 20 year olds.

I don't bother with Grandpa writing or Saga but thanks for pigeonholing me.

What I do respond to is well written English. Published material which has clearly not been proof read etc. always raises questions for me. Age is irrelevant it's about the correct use of language.

mustang1

Guru
I'm with Strava on this one.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Strava doesn't work on my Old IPad for the past couple of months. So I've stopped using Strava since that was the main way I interacted with it at home. Seems my tech is too old now! IPads are grandad and grandma tech.

Beware of companies like Strava banging on about privacy. What do Strava do to stop their staff from accessing your data?

hoopdriver

Guru
You give them far too much credit. They are not 'targeting' an audience, deliberately speaking the language of a particular demographic. Not at all. They are ignorant. They simply don't know any better. They are to be pitied and - in this case - dropped.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
You give them far too much credit. They are not 'targeting' an audience, deliberately speaking the language of a particular demographic. Not at all. They are ignorant. They simply don't know any better. They are to be pitied and - in this case - dropped.

You are also not their target, you can never be monetised - look at the team - https://www.relive.cc/about They are a start up trying to create a service, they reach out (successfully I might add) to their market, they are not that ignorant, thy are just acting like a startup should. I don't know who to blame in all of this, but I am personally aware how ruthless Strava can be and the huge amount of data they are selling. I don't blame either side for this situation, Strava want to protect an ambition for a proper social network, not the junk they have now, Relive want to create service piggybacking off this. It is Strava's ball, if they want to take it home they can, if they do it too often other partners may not want to deal with them.

hoopdriver

Guru
No, they are nearly illiterate. They have a certain market stall cunning about the workings of the web, but not enough to make the likes of Strava want to stay involved with them. The childishness of their press release only emphasises their lack of professionalism. There really is no way to sugar coat it.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
No, they are nearly illiterate. They have a certain market stall cunning about the workings of the web, but not enough to make the likes of Strava want to stay involved with them. The childishness of their press release only emphasises their lack of professionalism. There really is no way to sugar coat it.

I disagree, so there. :tongue:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Whether we’re exploring new potholes , catching up with homework, or training for our next ride to the shops; we all share a passion for the guacamole.

No wonder Redead started during a cycling holiday on drugs. After a beautiful day of physcodelic colours , magic mushrooms, and friendly spliff talk, we wanted to capture these memories and bore our friends and family with those stories. The idea for Redead was born!

Within weeks we launched our website and the dull as ditchwater videos were endured by tortured souls over the whole world. Reactions have been underwhelming!

Within 2 years, a community of 3 million people has been boring others with their non descript videos of the outdoors - creating over 100 million samey samey I could be anywhere videos.

Now, we’ve set out on a mission to become the dullest and most boring community of outdoor enthusiasts worldwide.

Let’s go out dudes!

Team Redead

Top Bottom