Strava: trolling for Kudos?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
...and I also get one from a guy every time I ride over 30 miles. it says on his profile " I only give kudos on rides over 30 miles " and he sticks to this religiously, 30.3 miles, kudos, 29.8 no. Chance. How does he know ? Seems like a lot of effort to me.

Strava user "Pete T"? I get the same.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Strava user "Pete T"? I get the same.

I get kudos from him too. He's on the CC Strava group but I don't know if he's an active member of the forum.

There are a few people who follow me on Strava who I assume I "know" through either here or yacf, but I can't always tally up forum names with real life identities.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Pete T gives me kudos too. He's easily impressed.

He gave me kudos too, but then I am seriously good

I'll give kudos to people I follow, it's just a nice thing to do to recognise their effort. I'll pop a little comment on too if it's a special effort. I'll also kudos someone I have a chat with on a ride that I can find via flyby but that's bordering on creepy I think

Dave 123

Legendary Member
He gave me kudos too, but then I am seriously good

I'll give kudos to people I follow, it's just a nice thing to do to recognise their effort. I'll pop a little comment on too if it's a special effort. I'll also kudos someone I have a chat with on a ride that I can find via flyby but that's bordering on creepy I think

Flyby stalking..... That's when you know you've taken it too far. (Guilty your honour)

Quickly reviving this thread again, Today I got a ping from strava telling me I had a comment from a 2015 ride. This was it ...

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 20.40.21.jpg

:laugh:

Edit: For the record, unfortunate rabbit lives in New Joisey.

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Here is the easiest way to prevent random nobbers (and even non-random nobbers) from being able to see your activities on Strava, and therefore unable to give you pointless "kudos". Go to settings; then privacy; then check the "private activities" box as below:

Screenshot (9).png

Top Bottom