Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Excellent @Fnaar, I love the one with the robin:okay:. I had seen it online before and tried to get my friend Ruth to photograph it on a work trip to Glasgow, but she did'nt have time. It apparently depicts St Mungo the patron saint of Glasgow in modern clothes, and references the story of 'the bird that never flew', one of Mungo's four miracles, more details on this link: https://www.davidairey.com/glasgow-high-street-mural-smug/

I saw these two next to each other on the A10 between Dalston and Shoreditch today
View attachment 385414
View attachment 385415

Those were on the list I scribbled down! But I can't remember where I put the wretched list. :cry:

There were a couple of good ones in a vacant lot at the Mare Street end of Graham Road, and there's a nice fish on a wall on Downs Road near the junction with Clapton Pond. Those were the ones I remember, but there were several others too...

GM

Legendary Member
Here's a few from Belfast. Afraid I don't know about the artists......

IMG_20171201_150354_948.jpg

IMG_20171201_150315_955.jpg

IMG_20171201_150228_843.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Reynard I think I've already got the fish one, appropriately in Clapton Pond, seen here way back on page 1: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-art.221565/#post-4892812
I shall have to go back to Mare St to look for the others, I did see this by a coffee shop in Hackney Central
kISkklD.jpg

And I agree, I love the geisha, thanks @GM, the hair is amazing. I thought I recognised the style and signature as that of Dan Kitchener, he of the great night time scenes and a quick google confirmed it. The work is apparently called 'The Dream'. I've got a few of his already, there's 2 on page 3 and others on pages 10, 17 and Tim Hall posted a recent one of his on page 23 of this thread if anyone wants to check back and see them.

On the same page search as my Dan Kitchener detective work above, I came across @GM's final pic, which is called 'Tiger Tiger' by Friz. I could'nt find any images of the 2nd one, so that remains a mystery, for now.....

@Reynard I think I've already got the fish one, appropriately in Clapton Pond, seen here way back on page 1: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-art.221565/#post-4892812
I shall have to go back to Mare St to look for the others, I did see this by a coffee shop in Hackney Central
View attachment 385665
And I agree, I love the geisha,

Aaargh, didn't realize you'd got the fish already. :banghead:

The coffee shop one was also on my list. :surrender: The other two I mentioned are a stone's throw away at the top of Graham Road. You might have to take pics through the fence though.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I went to look for some new finds in Croydon today. Here's one of the late Kirsty MacColl
NeawvKx.jpg

Here's hip-hop artist, producer, actor and entrepreneur Nas, painted by an art teacher at a local school, Alec Saunders, as part of Black History Month back in October.
f9zyq4Z.jpg

And immediately next to the above piece are 3 new Otto Schade ones, well I say new, this first one, called 'chilling out'.....
1cxQ3e8.jpg

.....I've seen before, in Ladbroke Grove, as seen in this post back on page 2: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-art.221565/post-4893103 and google tells there was also one in Shoreditch in the past too. I've never seen any others of his duplicated and these ones are new. I think this zipped smiley face with the Thames as the mouth is a reference to Brexit, as London voted overwhelmingly to remain but of course we know the result went the other way.
aca8Grt.jpg

And here's another Brexit related one based on Pac-man. The Pac-man's represent the member states heading in the same direction, and the UK being the ghoul/ghost going the opposite way.
K0J4eSs.jpg

Are those permitted under the forums new no politics rule? I remain completely impartial and am merely showing the art works. Lets not discuss it here, unless you can frame your argument entirely using street art pictures:biggrin:
Here's Snoopy having another rest, I guess he's retired now so nap times are more regular. The silhouette features some well known buildings seen on the London skyline
L84uxoQ.jpg

I recognise this artist from a few other works across town that always feature birds
rC8UzLV.jpg

Here's another chrimbo card for Jacob Rees-Mogg, maybe his recent hotel room meeting with US right wing nut-job Steve Bannon went like this ^_^
O3hWJso.jpg

And in nearby Exchange Square we see Princess Diana being hounded by paparazzi
HL4YUjG.jpg

Close ups
bh61nji.jpg

Ut7q2Wm.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@PeteXXX as the wall was getting closer and closer I thought you were going to crash into it^_^
Here's some Hanna-Barbera creations from my childhood, Top Cat, Benny the Ball, Spook and officer Dibble, who appears to have eaten all the pies.
kOdIjD2.jpg

U70AYBc.jpg

qkffZQ7.jpg

Now I want to find a Hong Kong Phooey, street artists of London make it happen, pleeease:notworthy:
EDIT: I've just had a look at tax dodging Google's search results, and apparently a replica of a Hong Kong Phooey piece by french artist Invader (who I've featured before and who does works with tiles across the world, most famously of icons from Space Invaders) sold for 2 million Hong Kong dollars (£200,000) back in 2015, blimey:eek:. See link: http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...nvader-street-art-fetches-almost-hk2m-auction

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I was up in Camden this afternoon and saw a brilliant laughing Nelson Mandela. And extra points for its location, situated as it is on Mandela St.
aNKU01s.jpg

I then went up and down the adjacent Pratt Street, but disappointingly could'nt find any Boris Johnson street art. #missedopportunity

Top Bottom