Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks for posting them @AndyRM, I especially like the hedgehogs. And the last one looks very similar to these rabbits I photographed in the Barbican a few weeks ago. Bah, it never crossed my mind to visit again in the dark to see if they were illuminated.
hL7Csh3.jpg

I'm like a moth to flame with those light installations. I've visited the last couple that came to London, I've posted before on CC. Links here that are worth a look, fantastic flowers like scenes from Avatar, and despite having no garden or anywhere to put one, I still really, really want one of those neon benches.
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-4111340
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-4652233
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-4646668
I went in search of something slightly different today too. Thanks to a tip off from my friend Toby last night, I went elephant hedge hunting near Finsbury Park this afternoon.
vqtQjmo.jpg

I knew of some nearby cat hedges, I've posted before so checked in on them too. @Reynard will be pleased.
y7fmDqb.jpg

On my way back south of the river I saw some funky benches outside the Southbank Centre. This is my favourite one, its a smiling bench that looks like an elephant has sat on it.
eTMx5b6.jpg

This one looks a bit more hazardous.
IkXAIOo.jpg

They are part of a series of 12 in the area, and are called 'Modified Social Benches' by Danish Artist Jeppe Hein, more pics here: http://www.303gallery.com/public-exhibitions/jeppe-hein12?view=slider#4
And back on more familiar ground I saw an origami dog and a barn owl in Stockwell, by Origami Riot and Aspire respectively.
siSckgt.jpg

L4nRWm5.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
They look very similar @booze and cake! In fact I think they are from the same family: https://www.parerstudio.com/the-intrude-family/

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
After photographing the above barn owl by Aspire, I discovered they'd also done 2 other recent works in London , 1 in Croydon and 1 in Mile End. I've already been to Croydon more times than I'd like this year, so that can wait until 2018, and so I went to Mile End this afternoon. Ackroyd Drive was the location, a site I've visited before that has numerous pieces painted under the arches of the railway line that passes above. I arrived to find Aspire's pheasant...
XLH6CDO.jpg

...but also found there were some other new pieces there too. Firstly this rather abstract bird in a triangle, signed by Mr Christa.....
qDCYVo4.jpg

The style of this, together with the fact its framed within a triangle, set off my 'I think I've seen something by this artist before klaxon', and after just scrolling through these pages looking for ages for a match, Bingo! It was from my brief 30 minute Birmingham visit back on page 18, and was this one, which I'm pretty confident is by the same person. Call me Columbo, street art detective, except I don't wear a grubby flashers mack^_^
hYovV2H.jpg

I also came across another amazing work by bee maestro Ketones6000
lpr90Ei.jpg

There was also another bird composed of leave and flowers. Again I recognise the style, remember back on page 25 I posted this pic in Shoreditch.....
uYlMKzv.jpg

...well Ackroyd Drive has this one, which must be by the same person
Zbj9gHx.jpg

And finally a piece by Woserski, the chubby little robin in this makes me smile.
6KdYudc.jpg

Cycling down CS3 on the way home I got a puncture. I hate CS3, I think it needs renaming the smashed glass superhighway, as its always full of rubble and is seemingly never ever swept up. It should be sponsored by Schwalbe Marathon Plus! This sapped all remaining heat out of fingers and toes, along with any desire to search for any others East End works, so I sped home for a warming brew instead. Shackleton I ain't, roll on summer.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Bowie/Ziggy sheltering from the icy wind in Hackney
N8Pkuru.jpg

I wanted to give these two in Stockwell a blanket, brrrrr
mYVn9b4.jpg

Minging chicken tonight in Waterloo
9CWpwUj.jpg

On a similar theme to the chicken one, I came across this article on Italian artist Hogre who hijacks billboards with his own messages he calls subvertising. Scathing and funny they obviously don't last long before getting removed, I especially like number 6^_^
http://liftmeup.me/23-brutally-honest-fake-ads-italian-artist-hogre-posted-in-london/

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A few from yesterday.

D10C0C0F-E301-4DA1-9A2A-2BC16618DD01.jpeg

89ABFA54-B433-4DCE-93E3-D9CA6F957FE4.jpeg

These two in the underpasses by Tesco Mereway.

59C66ADC-BAAA-40B1-B11F-0E395A08F49A.jpeg

And Kingsheath boxing club, Northampton.

I've no idea who sprayed this, but, it is on the side of the Woodrup Cycles building, on Kirkstall Road (Leeds)

I have semi-regular contact, with Graham; BB's nephew, & let him know about it, when I saw it
That said, I have no idea how long it's been there, as I rarely pass that way
(he was in same running club as me, before emigrating, his father is Jeffrey, BBs brother)

Oddly, it seems the family had no idea
Beryl Burton. 2.JPG Beryl Burton. 3.JPG DSCF3572.JPG

Can this (below) be seen??

This Geograph photo must have been covered?
The map shows the location (between M1 jct 39 & 40)

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/732674

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Some from over the festive period, these in Leake St tunnel.
weZBkAJ.jpg

NZT1vD1.jpg

These 4 are all on Great Eastern St
fcZfOMD.jpg

9RN2C30.jpg

Ce7P5qF.jpg

This one is painted over the Metallica Master of Puppets album cover from a few pages back
NYDDG1I.jpg

I did a ho ho ho myself when I saw this tucked away in a small car park in Poplar
QhevEOu.jpg

In a back street behind Brick Lane, can't remember which
pSqksma.jpg

This just off Redchurch St, Shoreditch
tmGMNuN.jpg

.....and if you think you've had enough of Christmas, you're not the only one
xHKaKaS.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Did you get what you wanted from Santa? Some wishes he could'nt make come true.
qCxVIv4.jpg

It was my last ride of 2017 today, my total cycling mileage for the year was 10,152 miles, a yearly record for me, and a lot of those miles went into this thread. I'm quite amazed that what started off as a few colourful walls earlier in the year has ballooned...
DbA4s6e.jpg

.....into quite such an epic adventure and a feast of colour. Massive thanks to all the artists for amazing us with their skills and bringing colour and humour to our streets, and big thanks too for all the regular readers and posters that have kept us ticking along.
YMKSdQ4.jpg

I hope you enjoy a New Years Eve drink in good company...
5q0iJkf.jpg

....throw some shapes on the dance floor....
O8xDkw0.jpg

....and may your 2018 be as colourful as our streets. Happy New Year:cheers:
zCKQe2n.jpg

Top Bottom