Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Oooh I don't really know what featured thread status entails. I think some people avoid the cafe completely so if t helps bring it to the attention of those who may not have seen it, that's all good I suppose. And yes I don't want it to just be London, thanks to the posting of other well travelled Cycle-chatters we already have a good number of countries represented in the 6 months we've been going, and a great collection of pics. *cue the music* I want the whole world coloured in, I want the whole wide world, coloured in:wahhey:.

It was a bit of a drab grey day in London today. This is similarly monochrome and sums up many peoples view of our current crop of underwhelming politicians
LucYzvT.jpg

And to brighten up the day, here's a bit of colour and some bizarre scenes. These two are either side of a fire escape tucked away in a dead end alley in Hoxton, and were done in 2012, so have done well to survive this long.
FmJWXfd.jpg

C4C0ZTn.jpg

Last edited:

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Oooh I don't really know what featured thread status entails. I think some people avoid the cafe completely so if t helps bring it to the attention of those who may not have seen it, that's all good I suppose. And yes I don't want it to just be London, thanks to the posting of other well travelled Cycle-chatters we already have a good number of countries represented in the 6 months we've been going, and a great collection of pics. *cue the music* I want to the whole world coloured in, I want the whole wide world, coloured in:wahhey:.

It was a bit of a drab grey day in London today. This is similarly monochrome and sums up many peoples view of our current crop of underwhelming politicians
View attachment 391158
And to brighten up the day, here's a bit of colour and some bizarre scenes. These two are either side of a fire escape tucked away in a dead end alley in Hoxton, and were done in 2012, so have done well to survive this long.
View attachment 391159
View attachment 391160

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Some new works have gone up in Penge, the area now having a decent selection of pieces. They range from small ones like this by Alice Pasquini
Q8ehLxX.jpg

...to big ones like this excellent new one by Mr Cenz
yfURhY7.jpg

There's black and white ones
UrghNgR.jpg

There's a selection of bird life. I've previously posted a blue jay on this thread that's in the area, and some new additions include this new nuthatch by Aspire......
ywjrYMy.jpg

....this wild hypnotic owl is also new and reminds me of the Kaa hypnosis scene from the film Junglebook :wacko:. Its a collaboration between artists DRT and Harpo
tpvLz3T.jpg

And the locals know a nice looking bike when they see one ^_^. By one of my favourites, Woskerski
iuDXneB.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Wow you do get about @nickyboy, thanks, our first 'stralian one I think:okay:. I am holding out hope that you will be the first to post a pic from Antarctica, the lack of walls, the cold and the wind may make it a bit tricky, but all that fresh snow.....what a canvas:eek:. You may have to 'draw' it yourself, just remember to avoid the yellow snow as someone's clearly 'drawn' there already^_^

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
A house in Shoreditch called 'dirty house' designed by David Adjaye has had a paint job and is now even messier. The former warehouse was converted into artist studios and apartments back in 2012, and back then was all black on the outside, see link here: https://www.dezeen.com/2012/03/12/designed-in-hackney-dirty-houseby-david-adjaye/

Its had a Jackson Pollock type paint job and now looks like this:
81zBbih.jpg

I'm loving how my bike almost managed to blend in with such a busy background.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Wow you do get about @nickyboy, thanks, our first 'stralian one I think:okay:. I am holding out hope that you will be the first to post a pic from Antarctica, the lack of walls, the cold and the wind may make it a bit tricky, but all that fresh snow.....what a canvas:eek:. You may have to 'draw' it yourself, just remember to avoid the yellow snow as someone's clearly 'drawn' there already^_^

I was in Hong Kong on the way to Australia but I never saw a single piece of street art there despite visiting many times. It's very interesting how different countries have very different views on this art. As you've seen, Argentina loves it and embraces it, HK obviously has a big problem with allowing it. Australia seems to be somewhere in the middle......I will keep my eyes peeled this week

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
A few more from Penge, these all by Trust Icon. I found it a bit sad recently to see childhood icon Top Cat and his gang reduced to selling their souls and advertising for the Halifax building society. It seems I was'nt the only one.
qSWFca3.jpg

Here's a Louis Vuitton rip-off, the 'LV' on the label reads 'less vanity'
aZbp6LZ.jpg

The girl wearing a fur coat and my bike both being stalked in this one
pZX66a0.jpg

And my favourite, for all those Nintendo fans
PAqgZVP.jpg

There's a really good big cat in the area too, but on my two visits in recent days its been obscured by a parked car, so I've not been able to photograph it properly. So I'll be revisiting until I can get a good shot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom