Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
These two are near Liverpool St
1z6CUQJ.jpg

6Cpavb0.jpg

And I laughed out loud at this, Liz 2, Queenie, done up as a punk wearing a Sex Pistols 'god save the queen' t-shirt, near some industrial units under the Westway in Ladbroke Grove
RanoLdG.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Brixton
vsB9weK.jpg

Here's another of the outdoor Dulwich Picture gallery pieces, that features another Camberwell Beauty butterfly.
PV0Q2Rv.jpg

LJ5TQa2.jpg

I love the use of the external pipe in this, though its giving me a headache thinking how hard it must be to paint something upside down. Near Latimer Rd
KYryZo0.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Discovered an artist called 'Pad', and found 2 of their works. This on the ceiling of the Leake St tunnel in Waterloo. Pac-man inspired, the text around the outside says "....computer games don't affect kids. If Pac-man affected us as kids we would all be messing about in darkened places munching pills and listening to repetitive beats..." ^_^
1HuoS9R.jpg

And this is over in Hackney, and is a 'big up' to all teachers out there. Clever mirror effect with the words teach and learn.
DSdOi1T.jpg

..close up of the text on the right.
apQcfyS.jpg

U

User10571

Discovered an artist called 'Pad', and found 2 of their works. This on the ceiling of the Leake St tunnel in Waterloo. Pac-man inspired, the text around the outside says "....computer games don't affect kids. If Pac-man affected us as kids we would all be messing about in darkened places munching pills and listening to repetitive beats..." ^_^
View attachment 393450
And this is over in Hackney, and is a 'big up' to all teachers out there. Clever mirror effect with the words teach and learn.
View attachment 393451
..close up of the text on the right.
View attachment 393452

The Teach / Learn one also makes use of this https://images.fatherly.com/wp-cont...ical-illusion-scintillating-grid-illusion.jpg
Optical illusion.
Are the dots black, or are they white?

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks @AndyRM and @DP those are right up my street^_^. I've yet to personally see any in London, but there's some really good 3D pavement street art. Check out these: https://www.boredpanda.com/44-amazing-3d-sidewalk-chalk-artworks-by-julian-beever/
https://www.theguardian.com/artandd...-3d-pavement-art-around-the-world-in-pictures And here's a time lapse of the making of the last image, and the interested public

And @User10571 I've seen that illusion before but had'nt twigged it was part of that piece, good spot:okay:
I found a couple more Trust Icon ones, this in Penge
10xJOpm.jpg

And this near Latimer Rd
53G0d1a.jpg

And anyone feeling like they're still carrying around some extra chins after Christmas will identify with this
msh9QFM.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Ladbroke Grove
45RQETY.jpg

The bloke on the right is Keith Haring, who I would'nt have known a fortnight ago, but last week saw him mentioned in a interview with 80's skateboard legend Christian Hosoi, as Haring had painted a board for him back in the day.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Reynard, Catman is the artist of that one I think, they also did the Queen taking the corgi's for a walk on the hover board from page 3.

I'm being frustrated by a cat at the moment, as the big awesome leopard in Penge I've been trying to photograph is continually obscured by a parked car. I've cycled the 10 mile round trip, up and over the mountain of Crystal Palace 5 times now, at day and night, and driven past at least 3 times, and have been foiled each time. I was half thinking of leaving a note on the cars windscreen saying 'next time you leave please text me' but figured they'd think I was some crazed lazy burglar. If I'm denied again I may ask the adjacent small garage if they know the owner, or if they'd call/text me next time the parking space was free, so I can dash over and get it. All sounds a bit of a long shot and quite a mission, but I never expected leopard spotting in south London was going to be easy^_^

So while the big cat remains elusive, the birds can prosper. This next one from Stockwell had my mates in Wales stumped, I've since find out its a oriole, by Aspire.
0poEzYs.jpg

And this mystery Brixton specimen looks like if it would happily take on any cat^_^
ComgkhY.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Another unsuccessful attempt at leopard spotting today, *sigh*. And I had to cycle through a hail storm for my troubles. I am developing a rather pathetic hatred for the VW Passat estate that's parked in the way ^_^
Maybe this guy can arrange for the owner to go swimming with the fishes....
Pwt6PDm.jpg

And on the subject of creatures from the deep, I came across a Nautilus today near Old Street
cYqSHa7.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom