Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Success! After 7 visits and 70+ miles I finally got the Penge leopard.
KDrJM3L.jpg

Wow! That's *amazing*

Well worth the wait, methinks xxx

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
mkVjrU1.jpg

This cat lady appears to have her own shopping trolley, taking props to the next level^_^
HrRiB7U.jpg

X3kCzi2.jpg

For those in need of a guard dog but don't fancy the regular walking, buying dog food and cleaning up dog pooh.
OvnlXue.jpg

APX5c0B.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Cuchilo it does make you wonder if they learnt the hard way and stepped out of the house that first time and fell flat on their face. I'm sure in estate agent speak the feature would be advertised as a cunning storage solution, or a hedgehog or cat feeder or something^_^

@HertzvanRental haha thank you, but not likely. Though my little collection now has over 1000 street art pics, which is something I'd never have imagined 6 months ago. Like our artists free access galleries and museums should be praised. I'm just doing my bit and making street art a bit more accessible, and its not just me of course, its thanks to everyone. I'm delighted to see other people recording pics, especially from the far flung places I'm not able to get to. Each art work may only last a short time, but each picture allows us to put another little flag on the world map. And the continued support of the small group of regular supporters here encourages me to keep bringing more to the masses.

The biggest credit still goes to those with the talent who go out and create this stuff, in all weathers too. I was expecting December and January to be a time of street art hibernation, as it would be too cold and wet, but no, not a bit of it. Heroes one and all. They keep spraying....
ctAalTA.jpg

.....and we'll keep stopping and staring....
URpR5Ef.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks @Tim Hall I'll have to catch it on iplayer, its my day off today, the sun is out, and I'm all lycra'd up and about to cycle off to the Surrey hills for my first foray into the countryside this year. I don't expect I'll see any street art, but it will be nice for some fresh air at least, its been too long.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.....(and hamsters, I could'nt remember what Penfold was so had to look it up, shame on me).
f7ck5dB.jpg

Dry the BBC said, 10 degrees they said, which I deem short sleeve and shorts cycling weather, the first sun exposure this year for the knees and elbows. That was the plan, and to venture out on the Eddy Merckx to Box and Leith Hill and have a nice tail wind all the way home. 2 mins after leaving the house it rained, I got wet, pulled into Brixton Cycles for a spare inner tube and for the rain to ease a bit, then headed off. Within 2 miles I was pretty soaked and realised I'd had a major wardrobe malfunction. The wind was pretty cutting and it felt much, much less than 10 degrees. So I came home, had a warming cuppa, changed into some warmer kit and went for a 33 mile ride around town on my single speed instead. Me and Eddy are going to have to wait a bit longer for dry country lanes and fresher than London air. At least I got some new pics, Danger Mouse and Penfold and a few other pieces, including Nemo and Dory, are out the back of the Imperial War Museum.
wLIrfUZ.jpg

And this has appeared in Great Eastern Street in the last 48 hours
Xt5dnOP.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
And thanks @Tim Hall, I've listened to the first two of those Radio 4 shows, and am looking forward to the one next Thursday about art and the internet. Art on the radio is not the same though, I need pictures. The 2nd episode featured Hew Locke talking about his work The Jurors, placed at Runnymede in 2015 to mark the 800 year anniversary of the sealing of the Magna Carta. I saw it in 2016. I went by bike of course, its more field art this one.
wNAqC2f.jpg

More info with detailed pics of the differing pieces on each chair here: http://artatrunnymede.com/

Top Bottom