Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I've been impressed with the Veloflex gumwall tyres I had on the black Shamal wheels, so got some for my shiny Chorus wheels, fitted them to Eddy, and headed out in the sun today, decked out in summer inducing shorts and short sleeves.
GhTBxdf.jpg

I head over to recce Brick Lane, and while I'm stopped at the lights outside Aldgate station, another cyclist I vaguely recognise but have no idea from where, comes up alongside me riding a Merida, and says 'cor your're hard'.....I'm no Connor Mcgregor so eyeing his full finger gloves, full length jersey and tights, I say 'you mean the cold?, nah its fine, if cold just pedal harder'. He chuckles and says he does'nt like the cold, I'm a tad surprised as he has a Scottish accent, but he's adamant its freezing. He says he likes my bike and asks if its for L'Eroica, I thank him and say it does look good in the sun, that its not as old as it looks, and with 20 speed and STI shifters it would'nt actually qualify for L'Eroica. The lights change, we're going separate directions so we wish each other a good ride. I'm racking my brains for the rest of the ride as to who it was, and when I get home googling reveals it was actor John Hannah, what a thoroughly down to earth and cheery bloke. Haha Eddy the roaming art work is making me friends way above my pay grade^_^

I don't find anything new in Brick Lane, but did find this.
YKNCbzj.jpg

The Wellington arch at Hyde Park corner has a huge inflatable heart wedged in it.
UI24t6W.jpg

And not far away outside the Serpentine Gallery was another giant heart balloon
o68YIYa.jpg

I thought they were leftovers from Valentines Day, but since getting home I've discovered they are just 2 of a series of 29 across London, done as a love letter to the city as part of an idea conceived by Anya Hindmarch, called 'chubby hearts over London'. It started on Valentines Day and runs for the duration of London Fashion Week, more info here: https://www.chubbyhearts.com/

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Wardrobe malfunction big time mate .
I did 50 miles out in the surrey hills and was worried i was over dressed but winter tights , base layer , long sleeve jersey , training jacket , a buff , scull cap , winter socks , overshoes and two pairs of gloves just about kept me warm and we where not taking it easy .

I did 50 miles out in the surrey hills and was worried i was over dressed but winter tights , base layer , long sleeve jersey , training jacket , a buff , scull cap , winter socks , overshoes and two pairs of gloves just about kept me warm and we where not taking it easy .
Sorry! I went for a stroll today in shorts and t shirt !

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling

Ha, it would be dark by the time I'd got all that lot on:whistle:. It was fine, 9 degrees in town, barmy! It must be all those draughty Welsh farm houses I grew up in. I did 41 miles, 1 pair of ankle socks, shorts, T-shirt under short sleeve jersey, finger-less gloves and normal cycling cap. Most important item was sunglasses, it was bright. It was a bit chilly in the shade and it got colder after about 4pm but I was back way before then....and most notable thing was hardly any wind, for the first time in ages.

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ha, it would be dark by the time I'd got all that lot on:whistle:. It was fine, 9 degrees in town, barmy! It must be all those draughty Welsh farm houses I grew up in. I did 41 miles, 1 pair of ankle socks, shorts, T-shirt under short sleeve jersey, finger-less gloves and normal cycling cap. Most important item was sunglasses, it was bright. It was a bit chilly in the shade and it got colder after about 4pm but I was back way before then....and most notable thing was hardly any wind, for the first time in ages.
I think we may have been doing two different rides .

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
^_^@AndyRM I can imagine them carefully placing the cones like two cherries topping an elaborate cake, standing back and declaring, "we've done awesome work here today"

I think if they're a bit tardy correcting it, you should do a series of photos to send to the council, to shame them into hurrying up. Off the top of my head, pics of:

1.-you lying on the ground under it but pressing the button to cross
2.-you, preferably in a Jason King style smoking jacket, lying on your side on the fallen post like you're reclining on a chaise lounge, waiting for the green man
3.-the lights still work,the red light looks like a motorway service station hot plate, it needs a photo of a plate of food made some days ago dehydrating under it
5.-you in your speedos and some swimming goggles, lying under the red light like its a new fangled outdoor tanning salon.
Feel free to add to the above^_^.

And if you're not impressed with the councils plans to improve the infuriating junction, say you and the locals are having a whip-round to install a stress reduction stone, like this one I saw today
PuGHSOG.jpg

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
^_^@AndyRM I can imagine them carefully placing the cones like two cherries topping an elaborate cake, standing back and declaring, "we've done awesome work here today"

I think if they're a bit tardy correcting it, you should do a series of photos to send to the council, to shame them into hurrying up. Off the top of my head, pics of:

1.-you lying on the ground under it but pressing the button to cross
2.-you, preferably in a Jason King style smoking jacket, lying on your side on the fallen post like you're reclining on a chaise lounge, waiting for the green man
3.-the lights still work,the red light looks like a motorway service station hot plate, it needs a photo of a plate of food made some days ago dehydrating under it
5.-you in your speedos and some swimming goggles, lying under the red light like its a new fangled outdoor tanning salon.
Feel free to add to the above^_^.

And if you're not impressed with the councils plans to improve the infuriating junction, say you and the locals are having a whip-round to install a stress reduction stone, like this one I saw today
View attachment 396627

I like this. A lot. Might happen tomorrow if my old man makes a visit.

In the mean time, here is the third installment, which is my favourite:

IMG_20180220_171100_882.jpg

Oh, @booze and cake - I found that list I made. You'll probably have the odd one of these, but I reckon you won't have some of them as they're new...

1) St Matthews Row E2 - a fish (think it's on the side of a fishmonger iirc)
2) Brick Lane - some silly clockwork dentures crunching on a gherkin
3) Cambridge Heath Station on Mare Street - a rather fine lobster
4) Stoke Newington Church Street near William Patten school - a flamingo
5) Northwold Road (Stoke Newington Common) - another flamingo, prolly same artist as (4)
6) Stoke Newington Station - a rather fine Garfield
7) Balls Pond Road - a bear with a glass of wine
8) Winchester Place near Ridley Road market - a really nice piece by the same artist (I think) who did the guy in a gold suit on Dalston Lane.
9) Kingsland Road nr Haggerston Station - various pieces
10) Allotments between Shoreditch and Whitechapel stations - loads of bits and pieces
11) Graham Road (just before the junction with Mare Street) - two nice pieces in a locked lot that's slated for development.

Unfortunately the rather fine portrait on Ridley Road market got vandalised with some crappy tags.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Oh, @booze and cake - I found that list I made. You'll probably have the odd one of these, but I reckon you won't have some of them as they're new...

1) St Matthews Row E2 - a fish (think it's on the side of a fishmonger iirc)
2) Brick Lane - some silly clockwork dentures crunching on a gherkin
3) Cambridge Heath Station on Mare Street - a rather fine lobster
4) Stoke Newington Church Street near William Patten school - a flamingo
5) Northwold Road (Stoke Newington Common) - another flamingo, prolly same artist as (4)
6) Stoke Newington Station - a rather fine Garfield
7) Balls Pond Road - a bear with a glass of wine
8) Winchester Place near Ridley Road market - a really nice piece by the same artist (I think) who did the guy in a gold suit on Dalston Lane.
9) Kingsland Road nr Haggerston Station - various pieces
10) Allotments between Shoreditch and Whitechapel stations - loads of bits and pieces
11) Graham Road (just before the junction with Mare Street) - two nice pieces in a locked lot that's slated for development.

Unfortunately the rather fine portrait on Ridley Road market got vandalised with some crappy tags.
You'll tire @booze and cake out! :bravo:

Top Bottom