Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Good work @Reynard, I'm surprised there has'nt been a 'show us your snowman/woman/creature' thread^_^

While idling away the train journey to Birmingham, I found the answer to a question I posed when last passing through with my bike on my last trip to Wales. Back on page 18 I saw the following image in a few places, and thought it was maybe a local Birmingham resident or a very young Roland from Grange Hill.
HNM4dnO.jpg

It turns out I was way off with those guesses:eek:. I found the following article about a series of those images being removed from some hoardings of a new development, understandable I suppose once they realised who it was. The image is taken from mid school yearbook photo of American serial killer and cannibal Jeffrey Dahmer, as seen in this link: https://the-line-up.com/jeffrey-dahmer-special. And the article about its removal in the Brum press is here: https://www.iambirmingham.co.uk/2017/08/03/whitewashing-birminghams-street-art-continues/

And this one required a bit of detective work too. This image is on the side of the Meat House steakhouse on Pentonville Road
VXSpilK.jpg

You may recognise him, its of 3 year old Omran, and this image is taken from footage that went global in 2016, after he was pulled from rubble of a demolished building after an Assad supporting Russian airstrike in Aleppo, Syria. Omran's 10 year old brother died in hospital 3 days later from injuries sustained in the same attack. The footage and the BBC report at the time is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-37116349

Good work @Reynard, I'm surprised there has'nt been a 'show us your snowman/woman/creature' thread^_^

Thank you :hugs: Was just a wee bit of fun - it's been a while since I've had enough snow to build a snowcat.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I took a trip to Croydon this morning. Here's a new Kate Moss, one of Croydon's most successful exports.
aHkcwJ2.jpg

Here's Groot, from the Guardians of the Galaxy films, done by Gnasher who did the excellent chimp in Camden from page 14.
ZolCQTW.jpg

This is by Ben Slow
f8y0ZhN.jpg

And a massive new Otto Schade, I especially like the city skyline reflected in her eye.
PGP2EpT.jpg

bQl2qlF.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
And can anyone identify this piece I found in a side street in Clapham, its been bugging me all day. It feels like I should know who it is, and I'm probably going to kick myself when I find out. I can't tell if this is supposed to be someone from antiquity like a Greek god that's been given some modern sunglasses, or more likely, is it a film or music star or someone else entirely, anyone recognise him?
hqekGBG.jpg

Last edited:

Elysian_Roads

And can anyone identify this piece I found in a side street in Clapham, its been bugging me all day. It feels like I should know who it is, and I'm probably going to kick myself when I find out. I can't tell if this is supposed to be someone from antiquity like a Greek god that's been given some modern sunglasses, or more likely, is it a film or music star or someone else entirely, anyone recognise him?
View attachment 399850
It almost feels like there is a well known image under the mass of hair and beard but can't place it either, I'm afraid.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Reynard and @Elysian_Roads yes that's exactly what I was thinking, my mind was leaping from someone from Easy Rider.....its not Kriss Kristofferson is it.....or a Davy Crockett character.....too slim to be Grisly Adams.....those cheek bones remind me of Snoop Dogg etc.

I did a google image search and all that came back was one person had posted the same pic on twitter, and though the piece was'nt signed it was attributed to Mr Degri, just as @Tim Hall suggested, top sleuthing again sir:okay: . But I could'nt find anything to confirm who the subject was. I've already posted 3 of Mr Degri's, Lou Reed, Tom Yorke and I think it was Pete Doherty, so it is in his style. I was on the verge of looking for contact details for him to send him an email to ask him, but I have just scrolled through his Instagram, and bingo! I found this post of the pic:
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BG4Ph3yiNF6/?taken-by=mrdegri

....and it says its of Neptune, the roman sea god. So I was right with my original guess, it was someone from antiquity with sunglasses on:becool:. Cor we're good^_^

And I came across this today which took me back. Not that I'm a Harry Potter fan, but this work appears to have been done the same way as my old primary school art classes in the 70's, where we burnt the end of wine bottle corks with a lighter, and then used the end like a huge charcoal dibber to create works only parents would love^_^. In fact I also remember we had all our times tables written out on cards, every student had a set of these cards, which they had in a Golden Virginia tobacco tins. So to the casual observer, in my school art was sponsored by wine and maths was sponsored by ciggies^_^. I don't think they'd be allowed to do that today.
jyvRhVz.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom