Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
There is a history of mocking and criticising the establishment, and long may that continue^_^
Bethnal Green
NUyhYf2.jpg

off Hackney Road
FQzKuWg.jpg

This in Dulwich
PHJHQDV.jpg

Cross St, Islington
UR4leYV.jpg

Great Eastern St, already painted over
HyM812d.jpg

Caledonian Rd
UxvDQ8P.jpg

Herne Hill
1gul249.jpg

This one of Theresa May in Camberwell shows how works in public can change over time. Her PR in recent months could have been done by the opposition, as she just comes across as more drowner of puppies than cuddler of kittens.
View attachment 364455
It originally said resting bitch face, then the bitch was changed to witch, and then the yellow text added recently. Not all politicians have scorn heaped upon them, this excellent one by David Hollier in Croydon of Winston Churchill is 'drawn' with some extracts from his rousing 'we shall fight on the beeches' speech
View attachment 364458
There's a large tribute wall to the victims of the Greenfell disaster that's appeared in Shoreditch in the last few weeks. More info here:https://inspiringcity.com/2017/07/2...-survivors-and-victims-of-the-grenfell-tower/
Its by artist Eine, whose work got into the Whitehouse after David Cameron gave Barrack Obama a piece as a gift.
M5lGz0p.jpg

On the subject of Greenfell, the Artful Dodger did a piece in Crystal Palace recently that was painted over in a matter of days, sadly before I found out about it. I guess it was deemed too controversial, pics of it on this link: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...ace-triangle/story-30398112-detail/story.html
I'll wager that's the fastest the Council has moved on anything for some time, if indeed it was them that painted over it. There are over 30 London Borough's and it seems some actively encourage it, some turn a blind eye, and I bet Westminster would ship you off you off to Guantanemo if you were caught there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Bicycles are of course the best. I have a few, but own no other modes of transport. I don't have one and have no use for one, it was surely a seed planted by Tonka when I was (sic) a child 40 years ago, but I'd like a digger. Here's one in Tooting
N8gu0x3.jpg

I don't like trains but here's one in Camden
WXqwzEL.jpg

I'll not be hating against the black cab, a few opinionated individuals amongst them maybe but the same can be said about us lot. The majority are good drivers and do more looking out of the front window than this chap in Bethnal Green
js0FjIN.jpg

I'm surprised I've not seen any artworks featuring the big red hideously polluting London bus, one of Boris Johnson's spendy-bendy-on-fire buses maybe, but no joy.
Dan Kitchener does great night time city images featuring cars, here in Crofton Park
DL9SRZ1.jpg

And this in Hanbury St
XUsmK18.jpg

And if you look closely above the passing couple in the above pic, you'll see some faces on the wall. They are by French artist Gregos, seen closer here
xLnciwS.jpg

And here is another one of his faces in Camden
D3iUI59.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Drifting more into the abstract and surreal, Deptford High St
8T8ldSc.jpg

Phlegm works are easily recognisable, this in Dulwich
Q0sV2UX.jpg

Herne Hill
POM4J73.jpg

These two are recent arrivals in the graffiti pit in Aytoun Rd, Brixton
aUlVH8z.jpg

3Qribjr.jpg

Shoreditch
7k3KtHD.jpg

Cross St, Islington
mYQ0eO2.jpg

Hackney Wick
LYahrPY.jpg

A break-dancing pose by Malarky, Boundary Rd, Walthamstow
PaYgHAp.jpg

This by Remi Ralph, just off Wood St, Walthamstow
FiEw1YF.jpg

Toasters at Linford Rd, Walthamstow
vNT7ny0.jpg

French artist Thierry Noir has pieces all over Hackney it seems, here's some examples.
lzoVl85.jpg

11zRrex.jpg

ufJsC0L.jpg

This huge one is in Hackney Wick
vIZphU5.jpg

And he also did one for Dulwich Outdoor Gallery
xjC8ZEH.jpg

jy8iK6F.jpg

Another bright and easy to identify artist if Hunto, these in Croydon
6YEjGGH.jpg
iWarOUI.jpg

Elmfield Rd, Walthamstow
3288nQ3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
4CIFaQ0.jpg

....finally the last section where I throw the stuff that does'nt fit anywhere else.
A few from Brockley, lightbulbs
Dvcpxzh.jpg

A wind up house
GcimFjT.jpg

Clothes hanger
m0SBhZG.jpg

Space Invaders tribute by Static in Walthamstow
0L2LB7V.jpg

I love this mural
6d2lbSu.jpg

And fair pay to Dulux for supplying the paint to restore Camberwell's Tsunami as part of their Lets Colour project
hwU1MiA.jpg

I have unleashed my amazeballs photo-editing skills to echo my support.
9HaYYVI.jpg

More info here: https://belowtheriver.co.uk/2013/04...s-hokusai-wave-mural-came-back-from-the-dead/
uOqG0s2.jpg

Bookshelf in Croydon
Wk2RA63.jpg

Penge
eNXOW08.jpg

This in a car park in Walthamstow, by Axel Void, featuring pigeon!
p7P8E8y.jpg

And this last one is a real treasure, check out Limewood Close on the map, its one I would have been very unlikely to happen upon, so extra credit to the artist for putting it somewhere so few people would ever see it. I think its brilliant and deserves a wider audience.
DEMSFgN.jpg

Phew, kudos to you if you stuck with me through all that, I hope you enjoyed the eyeball colour infusion. That's all I have so far, I shall keep my eyes peeled and post any other good ones. Please share any of your finds, thanks:okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
And if you are interested in coming along for a ride to see some of those, as mentioned earlier I am happy to help arrange a ride or series of rides in September or October to see peoples favourites.

I'm thinking weekends is more convenient but am pretty flexible and will work around what dates suits people best. If that sounds vaguely appealing quote this post and add your name to the list and which weekends you can do, and if some people come forward I'll start another thread and we can finalise all the details in there.

Weekend ride in Sept or Oct, TBC

1.Booze and cake

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
And for anyone in the Bristol area, today and tomorrow in Bedminster is Upfest, Europe's largest street art and graffiti festival.https://www.upfest.co.uk/

Its free and is going to have some works by artists I've featured here. Its going to be great, I wish I was there. If anyone goes along please take plenty of pics to post here:hyper:

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I've come across a few painted junction boxes. Here's a few good ones in Whitecross St, Islington
GlDfJc4.jpg

jt9CXvx.jpg

And this one, you can't read the text very clearly from my photo but the girl on the left has written in the top left corner, 'for the love of dog', brilliant!
WoWHNRg.jpg

And here's a leopard beside Pasley Park in Kennington, in honour to the Zoo that once had a leopard on this site. By Andrea Tyrimos
5SngeUf.jpg

And from today a chilli junction box in Sumner St, near Tate Modern
BC52tHi.jpg

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Great thread
@booze and cake! I'll add some of the stuff I've seen around.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
[QUOTE 4900704, member: 259"]I hate graffiti. It's shitti.[/QUOTE]
That's a dog isn't it?....or maybe I'm confusing that with something a dog left behind.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Cunobelin excellent. Its true, people appreciate good stuff it and leave it be. I've been really impressed by that, and how often, when those with an insatiable desire for mindless scrawling, do it on a nearby bit instead.

Cool thread. I've seen a fair few of these traipsing through Londinium on Shanks' Pony. :thumbsup:

BTW, you do know that there is a Banksy on the side of the pharmacy that's opposite Essex Road Station? And there's a bright mural at Dalston Junction opposite the Co-op.

Top Bottom