Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
We've had a couple from Belfast, but those are our first south of the border, so thanks @dickyknees, that's another country represented in our collection:okay:

And for @Tim Hall I found another Manyoly today on Hanbury St, she was busy on her last trip, did we get them all I wonder?
YNAoe71.jpg

And on the walls opposite the Nomadic Community garden is this new one.
zUIp2fG.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
There's some new giant Stix stick characters near Old St
W5CHkHn.jpg

I really like this marlin/sailfish in Star Yard
RDEalSP.jpg

And this bubble blower in Cremer St is really good too
pn5RF99.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
There's a new giant mural in Ladbroke Grove that reminds me of the old nostalgic railway posters from the age of steam. It features the Michelin man and the inner city motorway the Westway, that slices through the area. I confess I'm not really getting it.

There may be a point in the future where we get all misty eyed at the thought of the motorcar, but we're not there yet. In the inner city London of the present, especially on hot days like today, I'm not sure this or any other local community looks upon a motorway and its 24/7 traffic and fumes as something to celebrate at all. Unless they are implying that a community thrives despite the concrete monstrosity that scythes through it. Who knows.
IR6k1Jp.jpg

Nearby I think is a modern take on the 3 wise monkeys, speak no evil, hear no evil and see no evil. It features messrs Trump, Kim Jong-Un and Putin, and according to wiki 'in the western world the proverb and image are used to refer to the lack of moral responsibility on the part of people who refuse to acknowledge impropriety'. That pretty much nails it. In this instance the implication being the cause of the respective silence, deafness and blindness is wodges of cash.
PIudkDn.jpg

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Dotmasters who did the above two, featured back on page 1 of this thread with some excellently detailed rubbish bags. Today I found some new Dotmaster rubbish in Penge.
View attachment 406102
*zoom*
View attachment 406103
And less than 100 metres from that, is this excellent new one by Irony. Its down a really narrow alley so is awkward to photograph, and could be easily missed, but the artist has done an excellent job or luring in passers-by. As you walk up Penge High street, at first you only see this:
View attachment 406104
Peering down the alley reveals the full picture:eek:^_^
View attachment 406105
Love the Nike branded carrier bag!

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@deptfordmarmoset I did a double take when I saw that^_^. To the right of me as I took that picture is a barbers shop, the barber and a client, an elderly gent, were frozen in slack jawed amazement when I pulled up and started taking pictures. I could imagine the conversation afterwards....'the world's gone mad, are people really going around making and taking pictures of rubbish these days Terry??'

Thanks again @User10571, lucky for us the urge to paint is strong:okay:
h4huH2b.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Cool, thanks @deptfordmarmoset. Lovely day to be out and about on the bike.

Since 2003 the 4th plinth in Trafalgar Square has been a display for a rotating series of artworks. At the moment its home to the recreation of the mythical Lamassu, with the body of a bull and head of a man, it guarded the entrance to the ancient Assyrian city of Nineveh from 700BC until it was senselessly destroyed by ISIS in 2015. This statue is made up of 1000's of date syrup cans, representative of a once great industry decimated by the Iraq wars.
LSVZw6k.jpg

7FkC5ad.jpg

Here's the attached plaque with more info:
OeDc8mz.jpg

Its another boiling hot day here in the capital, so the last thing I expected to see was an alpine scene, but that's exactly what I spied down a side street near South Kensington, near the infamous red striped house that featured on the news last year.
NmX3HbA.jpg

It was painted by Johny Midnight, more info here: https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/artist-creates-cool-kensington-winter-9441164
Artist Francis Bacon had a house in Kendrick Mews, where he spent the last 30 years of his living and working life. I did'nt know this before arriving there but was given a clue by some more street art just to the right of the above pic
KQkvTlt.jpg
....sorry no, not that, although the jowls of Droopy always remind me of Francis Bacon^_^. This is whats really there:
mk0faq0.jpg

And on my way home on the Kings Road I found a scene reminiscent of a Monet.
K6N7T9V.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Another scorcher, record breaking May Day bank holiday temperatures apparently :sun:. The bins where I am don't get collected until Wednesday, but they already have a whiff that's startling more than hares.
1589lHg.jpg

That is in Penge and is by Belgian artist Dzia, whose red squirrels I've photographed previously in Bristol, and @User259 has also snapped in Brussels. And I came across this in Stockwell, which is as close to graphically representing the eye watering stench coming from these rubbish baking devices.
LZxgxzw.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
This took me back to the days of my Nokia 3210. Here's a snake charmer in Penge by Trust Icon, the charmed snake in question is of course from the old 'snake' game that was loaded onto old android phones like the Nokia from 1998, wow 20 years ago.
joNfZ0F.jpg

And nearby is this great one by Fanakapan whose excellent 3D effect balloons I've photographed before.
q7eTfXU.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Over in east London some new stuff has gone up in Hanbury street. This is by Amara Por Dios who is from Sweden, I found her website and her work is apparently inspired by ancient civilisations and religious artefacts from around the world.
ULMWKX4.jpg

This is by Tom Blackford and Ewan
J2lf6ip.jpg

And this is on the big gate to the entrance to the Trumam brewery site. It replaces the 'elvis pelvis' by the same artist, Shok-1, from back on page 6. This one is called stolen heart
L2Hgz2L.jpg

Top Bottom