Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Whizzing up to Hyde Park Corner for the wonderful Movies ride, I spied some highly decorated shop shutters in Croydon. A brief trawl back through this thread shows that @booze and cake has been there before, but I get the impression it's a very dynamic gallery, changing all the time.
b8KzW-kM3rWZ5bAkVXWQiQXk-cYPFhLUYX-tNNmcrno5tS68_26dlzh8KZVqWDNiSdTLXaPhzsjOSJjNdQ=w1036-h777-no.jpg

wbCwdAoogJlAhKdxQFBOJyE5kI_EWxVyA8ZOOUusULLR0uUwaiQM1FeWm91qISHusvJN3a2DDymYS2FKsQ=w1036-h777-no.jpg

VS_9EtGNtkZQnqTKLXjgSGr1jAfK4YFaj8S6NhhRAkK-R3t4UlVYSBckxWYNXpRerVY3pALFE4E_LWnD3Y=w1036-h777-no.jpg

Then I spotted a couple of stickers of explanation/inspiration:
2zbCFtmXU6ZI-dPxtNhfZDJaJdGurKxx9_THSKDAs--lrhxHKg_zg640Ef6-CHnjQU7Z1qe_PmrSHps3vrk=w583-h777-no.jpg

xl6k2FrSu4V7Pr1yPIGqH_iYW4_XvUgrz1KGXqOp2uS7icSIzFHzmyYDHkBtuW7BVgxGC3b0XNDNhYWBPUE=w583-h777-no.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Yes @Tim Hall it does change regularly around there, those shutters where you were are best viewed on Sundays when all the shops are closed, but all around the surrounding Katherine St and Fell Rd and around the High St there's a good concentration of stuff, and the local Council seem to encourage it, so good on them. Its drawn me to Croydon multiple times, which does'nt rate highly for many things, personal experience says maniac scooter riders and some right dodgy characters:wacko:, but I rate it in the top 3 or 4 places in London to visit for street art.

These next 3 are all in regular stop off places too. Firstly Leake St tunnel in Waterloo which always smells of spray paint such is the level of activity there. Skyhigh did the kingfisher from a few pages back. I was hoping to find some Batman art too to complete the dynamic duo, but no luck there.
UY1nAOm.jpg

And these two are by the Community Garden in Pedley St, another great one by the prolific Woskerski
OdzvJPa.jpg

And another in the series of melancholic crash test dummies by Maikel Walkman, that I've come across in various locations across Hackney.
ToHbrGY.jpg

Last edited:

SteveF

Just saw a Guardian article about scandalised residents in Stockholm when this 5 storey penis was unveiled. They're going to have to take it away...

View attachment 404149

What a giant cock up.....!

They need to rub it off.... Ahem

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Regular followers may recall this image I posted back on page 35
ZYSBc4F.jpg

Since then two other scenes have been added to the building. First up some kind of future glimpse of Strictly Come Dancing
E1A3sEW.jpg

And this mushroom and enchanted wood scene. I'm blown away by the detail and the light effect in the woods on this, amazing.
FUvQwiq.jpg

I4MvIyz.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I saw two rowdy and cringe worthy Lamborghini's yesterday, that revealed some rather entertaining artistic licence^_^.

First up was this in Chelsea
NzkCtDk.jpg

The sun was not shining at the time so you can't really see very well, but the car is covered in Swarovski crystals, over 1 million of them. I did'nt realise this until later when I googled the rather interesting number plate. I discovered its owned by a 23 year old Russian student and Instagram model, whatever one of those is, I guess its someone who does 1000's of selfies a week in front of a spangly Lambo:rolleyes:. I shudder to think how much it is to insure a student living in central London to drive a £150,000 car.......at least £150,000 a year I guess. Notice the 'custom' red gaffer tape on the cars front wing, proving over 1 million crystals do not have a sufficient aura to protect against student driving, and that they're not self healing^_^. I am but a lowly peasant but think it looks hideous. More pics of it in full spangly glitter mode here:
http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/...r-lamborghini-huracan-in-1-3-million-crystals
A few miles later I saw another typically reserved Italian number......
C4E7e2m.jpg

...but things are not quite as they appear. As I had success with the number plate search on the red car, I did the same with this, and got a bit of a surprise. A bit more internet digging confirmed it. This is in fact a 1990 Toyota MR2 with 220,000 miles on the clock and a fake Lambo body kit, valued at about £800^_^
https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/6lwfk8/fake_mr2_based_lamborghini_murcielago_wtf/

Top Bottom