Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I saw two rowdy and cringe worthy Lamborghini's yesterday, that revealed some rather entertaining artistic licence^_^.

First up was this in Chelsea
View attachment 405714
The sun was not shining at the time so you can't really see very well, but the car is covered in Swarovski crystals, over 1 million of them. I did'nt realise this until later when I googled the rather interesting number plate. I discovered its owned by a 23 year old Russian student and Instagram model, whatever one of those is, I guess its someone who does 1000's of selfies a week in front of a spangly Lambo:rolleyes:. I shudder to think how much it is to insure a student living in central London to drive a £150,000 car.......at least £150,000 a year I guess. Notice the 'custom' red gaffer tape on the cars front wing, proving over 1 million crystals do not have a sufficient aura to protect against student driving, and that they're not self healing^_^. I am but a lowly peasant but think it looks hideous. More pics of it in full spangly glitter mode here:
http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/...r-lamborghini-huracan-in-1-3-million-crystals
A few miles later I saw another typically reserved Italian number......
View attachment 405715
...but things are not quite as they appear. As I had success with the number plate search on the red car, I did the same with this, and got a bit of a surprise. A bit more internet digging confirmed it. This is in fact a 1990 Toyota MR2 with 220,000 miles on the clock and a fake Lambo body kit, valued at about £800^_^
https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/6lwfk8/fake_mr2_based_lamborghini_murcielago_wtf/

:eek:

I'd rather have one of the Outspan Minis... :blush: At least they'd make people laugh. :o)

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Reynard I had to google that, ^_^. Link here for anyone else that's not seen onehttps://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9955561536/photos/2235128/outspan-mini
And its worth noting that both the real and fake Lambo's are both slower across London than the humble :bicycle:

And on the subject of ridiculously impractical vehicles for city driving, artist Phlegm has a new piece in Walthamstow that's straight out of Wacky Races
KBLxJZt.jpg

@Reynard I had to google that, ^_^. Link here for anyone else that's not seen onehttps://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9955561536/photos/2235128/outspan-mini
And its worth noting that both the real and fake Lambo's are both slower across London than the humble :bicycle:

And on the subject of ridiculously impractical vehicles for city driving, artist Phlegm has a new piece in Walthamstow that's straight out of Wacky Races
View attachment 405721

LOL... They had an Outspan Orange as part of an Autosport Christmas track test one year. Which also included a motorized sofa, a motorized bathroom, a pushme-pullme Austin 1300... Much silliness ensued, of course.

I think those Lambos, real or fake, are just about the most impractical thing to pootle around London in. Hell, most times it's just quicker to walk. :laugh:

Actually, I think that piece of art is more Heath Robinson than Whacky Races :biggrin:

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
There's a new collaboration in Ladbroke Grove on the the same wall as 'the usual suspects' featuring the artists Picasso, Basquiat, Dali, Warhol and Haring, as seen on page 31. Original pic here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-art.221565/post-5145641
This features a flipped image of the famous 'the creation of Adam' painting by Michaelangelo, showing God reach out to give the spark of life to Adam, but this critical moment is missed thanks to rude kid with a roller.
nkOFjWF.jpg

And just around the corner a massive little girl finds Da Vinci's Mona Lisa's smile to be too enigmatic, and decides to give her a more obvious one.
kLsURgz.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Dotmasters who did the above two, featured back on page 1 of this thread with some excellently detailed rubbish bags. Today I found some new Dotmaster rubbish in Penge.
ov3PwXn.jpg

*zoom*
qhVIKLJ.jpg

And less than 100 metres from that, is this excellent new one by Irony. Its down a really narrow alley so is awkward to photograph, and could be easily missed, but the artist has done an excellent job or luring in passers-by. As you walk up Penge High street, at first you only see this:
89UWLMZ.jpg

Peering down the alley reveals the full picture:eek:^_^
ejiz3ML.jpg

U

User10571

[QUOTE 5225875, member: 259"]Me too! By the way, my latest batch of home-made fermented ogorki (sorry, can't do the Polish accents on this keyboard) is ready and tasting good![/QUOTE]
Much as I'm in admiration of your effort, Krakus remain the killer kukumber as far as I'm concerned.
Would, however, be interested to sample one of your's.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks very much @User10571 and @User259, high praise indeed. I'll try and keep up the good work, and make sure to tag you kukumber connoisseurs in any pickle related art works:okay:

And thanks too @Tim Hall. Look what I saw this afternoon on the north end of Brick Lane, unmistakable colour brightening up our grey streets ^_^
Tbl5YNP.jpg

It was snowing with a freezing cold wind when I last saw a Manyoly, and today the weather was just as grim, not as cold but very wet. And I got a puncture, I was like fffffuuuuuu.......fun, fun, fun.
xJoTxml.jpg

Whenever I get a puncture in the rain I feel like I've angered some God or other, and they feel particularly vengeful. A bit like this.
fq1E95S.jpg

I then saw this that make me chuckle and cheered me up.
vUMc66V.jpg

And on the way home I eventually saw some sun, but ironically had to go into a tunnel to find it. This mosaic on the floor in Leake St tunnel.
aRYzbs5.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom