Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I came across this on the Village Underground wall earlier in the week.
hHyNfUK.jpg

Due to computer grief I wasn't able to look up any details, but I passed by again the next day and all was revealed, its an album cover copy.
FU4ixOC.jpg

I waited around for a bit to get a clear shot, but that van was parked, and the girl was clearly hanging around and seemed to be filming herself in front of the wall. It turns out that Mr Eazi was having a private party at Village Underground on Wednesday, what's a bit different about it is he was offering admittance to the party to people who turned up and took a photo of the mural and posted it on his Instagram.
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BjC5ye2hN_f/?taken-at=34629
Also in Shoreditch is this new one.
PG5dwaF.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Another leopard, but this one was a lot easier to photograph than the last one. This is new and has appeared 8 feet up a wall by a garage in Cambridge Heath. I don't know who did it, but the half natural, half mechanical style is exactly the same as the marlin from page 42, so I'm pretty sure this is by the same person.
8PV8Wp5.jpg

Another leopard, but this one was a lot easier to photograph than the last one. This is new and has appeared 8 feet up a wall by a garage in Cambridge Heath. I don't know who did it, but the half natural, half mechanical style is exactly the same as the marlin from page 42, so I'm pretty sure this is by the same person.
View attachment 411272

I think this one was on the list I posted a while back... :blush:

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks @Richard A Thackeray yes you are correct, they were definitely done for the TDF, apparently the rickshaw ladies are the Bronte sisters, who have a long association with Haworth. We've already seen the Alan Bennett, there's also a Jarvis Cocker in Sheffield and a Sylvia Path in Hebden Bridge. Paging @ColinJ,:hello: have you seen the Sylvia Path one on your travels, is it still there?
@Reynard whenever I see a cat one I think of you:cheers:
Here's one from Great Eastern St
ULRIT5o.jpg

And a Desperate Dan style chin from Woskerski in Stockwell
btdLZ1j.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
There's loads of great new artworks in Brick Lane and around the Nomadic community garden that have gone up in the last few days. I was in a rush this afternoon so was not able to grab them all, so will return tomorrow on my day off. Here's a taster for now, some really varied works....
Rm63NGl.jpg

Great to see even the rubbish receptacles getting the treatment. Its wheelie bin an eye swivelling experience this thread^_^
bL4etXh.jpg

This is funny...
lfeEhFO.jpg

.....but highlights a harsh truth that reports last month showed that food bank use in the UK reached the highest rate on record, more info here:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ust-cost-of-living-highest-rate-a8317001.html
This is large and amazingly detailed, love the characters head wear in this.
VoUDcnx.jpg

And finally onto my favourite, and not just of today, this one has rocketed into my own personal top 10 favourite ones I've got so far. Way back on page 3 I posted this image from a really secluded side street in Walthamstow, I loved it at the time and still do.
DEMSFgN.jpg

Well I've just discovered that the person that did that, Xenzogram, also did this one, some kind of Babylon in ruins scene. Located on the walls by the walkway alongside the Nomadic community garden, this is amazing:notworthy:
w21bqd2.jpg

Last edited:
Perchance to Dream.JPG

Taunton town centre.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Elysian_Roads thanks, I think its all year round colour therapy^_^. Its definitely helped us through the cold, grey and dark winter months. And when I come across ones like the last pic on my previous post, I'm whooping with delight like an excited school child. It was like finding an old master amongst a sea of tags, so just added to the wow factor. Those walls always have something being done on them, so it may not last long, so I'm delighted to have seen it while it was that pristine.

And great colours there too @Toshiba Boy, that's our first in that part of the world:okay:

I was back in east London today to mop up some of the ones I didn't have time for yesterday, and its a real feast. I started off in Nomadic community garden, where a Woskerski welcomes you.
bLMNwqG.jpg

On the subject of whooping with delight, I was at it again today. This had a personal resonance after my near fatal computer issues of last week mentioned up thread. Its almost like a sympathetic street artist heard my cries of woe, or was also having issues with broken Windows.
1zfN8uk.jpg

J1iqIl3.jpg

CsTgIc1.jpg

These are also on the same big wall at the end of the Nomadic community garden. This by Jim Vision.
OG1AaVO.jpg

Another glass/crystal skull by Fanakapan.
Qv4OzEF.jpg

The garden also this mountain scene which is rather good
qyTVVCr.jpg

And some tarot cards.
FI16mbb.jpg

Outside I think this is Michael Gove, or David Icke has started doing royal portraits^_^.
pXwAtlJ.jpg

I found another painted bin.
z1t6S9L.jpg

And on the side of Kinkao in Brick Lane, Dan Kitchener has painted over his own piece from page 35. Similar Japanese scenes to his usual work, but this is the first one I've seen him do in monochrome.
iCpMGGu.jpg

And this is new by the Nomad Clan whose work I photographed in Bristol, and @growingvegetables papped in Leeds.
rTq3o1n.jpg

And this made me laugh and reminded me of all those internet warriors out there arguing away on internet forums.......
BUL5vBF.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Ah thank you kind sir @woodenspoons, I've been called some things in my time, but 'curator of a fascinating gallery' is good enough to go on my CV^_^.
Here's one from Pedley St
faKCJJH.jpg

And these two are both on Great Eastern St. First up a Nerone, who also did the flowery shipping container in Penge from a few pages back., this one with added neon effect.
8imEk2h.jpg

And this next one I hung around for 10 mins or so in the hope I'd capture some outraged nuns walking past doing frantic Hail Mary's, or I'd catch some white van man rubber necking and bumping into the car in front, but no such luck.
AO7DNiA.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Sideshow Bob!.....or someone with underpants on their head? Seriously though, that's good, where is that @swee'pea99? Somewhere along Parkland Walk?

Your stone man reminds me to post the following 'regular' art works that have caught my eye recently. First up this in Spitalfields.
2Gq2X41.jpg

1ZwQzTh.jpg

And this is on Threadneedle Walk and is called 'city wing' by Christopher Le Brun.
vBPp62i.jpg

And this one from Leake St took me back a few decades.
VKAD9GD.jpg

It obviously references the Edward Lear poem 'the owl and the pussycat', which I've not heard for years. I could only remember the first verse, which was the perfect cue to look it up for a refresher. In full here: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43188/the-owl-and-the-pussy-cat
According to wiki 'runcible' is one of Lear's made up 'nonsense' words, he used it in other works but never defined it himself, though that's not stopped people guessing. I do like you can be credited for a word nobody knows the meaning of^_^.........
85MvIHm.jpg
...................................we're a funny bunch.
I was also intrigued as to what type of tree a bong tree is as I've never heard of it. It is not as this initial google search suggested, a tree shaped like a bong:laugh:. http://rebrn.com/re/this-tree-looks-like-a-bong-2615360/.
Nothaphoebe umbelliflora is its proper name, and its an evergreen tropical tree from Asia in the laurel family apparently. Lifelong learning:okay:
QLAsDnE.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom