Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Toronto doesn't permit street art other than in a little block of alleys...so I went to take a look. It's a very creative city so the art is, in my opinion, good stuff. Anyway, you decide

IMG_20180603_125954.jpg

IMG_20180603_130014.jpg

IMG_20180603_130045.jpg

IMG_20180603_130258.jpg

IMG_20180603_130411.jpg

IMG_20180603_130539.jpg

IMG_20180603_130825.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
He does more miles than Judith Chalmers does @nickyboy , pretty sure they're our first Canadian ones, thanks a lot, another country to the collection. The fish is my favourite.:okay:

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks again @Richard A Thackeray, a glimpse of colour in the corner of my eye as I cycle past is how I've spied lots of my ones. Colour is great for getting our attention, just like on road signs, and as we've seen on numerous occasions on here, it can lead us to more detailed work lurking further away from passers by. I had a classic case of this myself yesterday. I was cycling along the road to the left of this pic....
4i6MHX9.jpg

.....coming from behind the pic towards the camera, so if it was dark colours I wouldn't have seen it, but it was so bright as I passed it made me do a u-turn. Having got my attention I follow the colour to more detail in the corner. And in another example of London bus syndrome, where you wait for ages for one and then two come at once, following on from @nickyboy's excellent Toronto fish, I find some more.
AgwPAH6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
The amazing building on King John Court from pages 41 and 44 has had a new Escher like panel completed. As its been on my radar, I've been going past regularly until I saw work had started. I then revisited and took a quick pic every day to chart its progress over the last week, which is a first. It gives some more clues to how much of an undertaking just one of these panels is. With an assortment of cones, plastic barriers and two of those big concertina lifts, 2 blokes start work on it last Wednesday
43pTUIu.jpg

Thursday
uleQ0zM.jpg

Friday
s0p0Tal.jpg

Saturday
ZTQcz7p.jpg

Sunday
2z4Euix.jpg

Monday
ZPDHk4I.jpg

Tidied up and gone by the time I passed by on Tuesday
FgTD5od.jpg

Just hiring two of those lifts for a week in London over a weekend can't be cheap. And as you can see on the right, there is space for another art work, so as Arnie said, "I'll be back":okay:

Last edited:

Elysian_Roads

The amazing building on King John Court from pages 41 and 44 has had a new Escher like panel completed. As its been on my radar, I've been going past regularly until I saw work had started. I then revisited and took a quick pic every day to chart its progress over the last week, which is a first. It gives some more clues to how much of an undertaking just one of these panels is. With an assortment of cones, plastic barriers and two of those big concertina lifts, 2 blokes start work on it last Wednesday
View attachment 412931
Thursday
View attachment 412932
Friday
View attachment 412933
Saturday
View attachment 412934
Sunday
View attachment 412935
Monday
View attachment 412936
Tidied up and gone by the time I passed by on Tuesday
View attachment 412937
Just hiring two of those cranes for a week in London over a weekend can't be cheap. And as you can see on the right, there is space for another art work, so as Arnie said, "I'll be back":okay:
Great to see that set showing how it evolved over the week. Must be even better to see it as it was happening.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Elysian_Roads yes I was excited, but it must be even more gratifying for the artists. As I knew exactly where to go once I saw they'd started, it was easy in that regard, no searching required. And I'm glad to get two cyclists going past too^_^. I didn't really have time to stop on each visit, but when work starts on the next panel, I'll try and see if I can talk to the artists, and get some more info on their experiences, and some info on the amount, and cost of the paint and other equipment.

Elysian_Roads

@Elysian_Roads yes I was excited, but it must be even more gratifying for the artists. As I knew exactly where to go once I saw they'd started, it was easy in that regard, no searching required. And I'm glad to get two cyclists going past too^_^. I didn't really have time to stop on each visit, but when work starts on the next panel, I'll try and see if I can talk to the artists, and get some more info on their experiences, and some info on the amount, and cost of the paint and other equipment.
Hopefully you will be able to, @booze and cake. Will be interesting to hear what they have to say. Not sure if it is the pattern, or the width, or the surface they are working on, but to my eyes, they have a poster kind of effect. Unusual but very impressive.

Your stone man reminds me to post the following 'regular' art works that have caught my eye recently. First up this in Spitalfields.
View attachment 412407

For some reason, I'm not sure why, it reminds me of the bronze in the Meadowhell Shopping Centre at Sheffield
This is in there, or was? (maybe still there), called 'The Teemers'
Dated; Saturday 15th May 2005 (shows how often I go there, or try not to!!)
South Yorkshire Scenes. Sheffield. Meadowhall. 'Teemers'. 1.JPG South Yorkshire Scenes. Sheffield. Meadowhall. 'Teemers'. 2.JPG South Yorkshire Scenes. Sheffield. Meadowhall. 'Teemers'. 3.JPG

Top Bottom