Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

@User10571 @deptfordmarmoset

View attachment 413881
^_^Commendable effort sir, third time's a charm:okay:. In your defences it was another one from ages ago, back on page 3 again in fact
View attachment 413882
And from Roman to ramen, a Woskerski on the side of Wagamama's in Borough market.....mmmmmm noodles.
View attachment 413883

Page 3.
My frikkin' nemesis.
As Caesar once said.
Before going off to make a salad.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I emailed Janey the street artist I met last week to ask for the name of her friend who did the excellent woollen 'techni-colour yawn' from page 44, so I can give a proper credit for that excellent work. She kindly replied and I've just been back and edited the post, the artist who did that was called Perspicere. I'm not on Instagram, they are apparently and can be followed there, but here's some other great creative examples of their work that are worth checking out: http://globalstreetart.com/perspicere

Janey was off to the Meeting of Styles street art festival in Germany in 2 days time. This is just one is a series of world-wide events going on throughout the year, more details of where found here: http://www.meetingofstyles.com/blog/category/year/2018/ Hopefully our roving international correspondent @nickyboy will have upcoming business trips to some of them^_^:

I've only just found out the London Meeting of Styles was based around the Nomadic Community Garden a few weeks ago, which explains all the recent work I've photographed there recently. @Reynard its around Allen Gardens and Pedley St, not the patch of green on googlemaps that's right by Shoreditch High St station, that's not green at all and is 5 a side football pitches^_^.

I've got a real treat for us today, with a new work by the always excellent Dale Grimshaw who does excellent tribal figures, and did the amazing Bob Marley piece in Brockley from way back in the early days of this thread. Its on the huge and regularly painted wall at Village Underground. I noticed it was underway on Saturday.
VId8GRH.jpg

Only one mini concertina lift this time, which an assistant informed me he only had for Saturday and Sunday, so all the high up stuff had to be done in 2 days, with the assortment of ladders being used for the rest of it. I went to visit again on Sunday, I love how the lift on this makes her look like one of those African tribal women who practice 'neck lengthening' (I doesn't lengthen the neck apparently, it crushes the collar bones to make the neck look longer https://www.urbo.com/content/the-ancient-tradition-of-neck-elongation-explained/ )
cttBfPx.jpg

He works fast, I went by again yesterday just before sunset and it looked stunning in the evening light
fati1Ys.jpg

And the final bit of greenery was added today, it was signed, and tidied up. Truly stunning, I saw numerous jaws drop in amazement in just the few minutes I was there:notworthy:
s6tQrmT.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's *amazing* :notworthy: to the artist.

I'm not talking about the 5-a-side pitches @booze and cake :blush: If you get on the overground and travel between Shoreditch High Street and Whitechapel, there are a whole load of allotment / garden type thingies that you can see while on the train, and there's some fabby street art there. Couldn't say what the street names are, as I always hop onto the train when I'm heading that way. IICR, they are on the other side of the railway line to the place where you have the painted up tube carriages.

U

User10571

I emailed Janey the street artist I met last week to ask for the name of her friend who did the excellent woollen 'techni-colour yawn' from page 44, so I can give a proper credit for that excellent work. She kindly replied and I've just been back and edited the post, the artist who did that was called Perspicere. I'm not on Instagram, they are apparently and can be followed there, but here's some other great creative examples of their work that are worth checking out: http://globalstreetart.com/perspicere

Janey was off to the Meeting of Styles street art festival in Germany in 2 days time. This is just one is a series of world-wide events going on throughout the year, more details of where found here: http://www.meetingofstyles.com/blog/category/year/2018/ Hopefully our roving international correspondent @nickyboy will have upcoming business trips to some of them^_^:

I've only just found out the London Meeting of Styles was based around the Nomadic Community Garden a few weeks ago, which explains all the recent work I've photographed there recently. @Reynard its around Allen Gardens and Pedley St, not the patch of green on googlemaps that's right by Shoreditch High St station, that's not green at all and is 5 a side football pitches^_^.

I've got a real treat for us today, with a new work by the always excellent Dale Grimshaw who does excellent tribal figures, and did the amazing Bob Marley piece in Brockley from way back in the early days of this thread. Its on the huge and regularly painted wall at Village Underground. I noticed it was underway on Saturday.
View attachment 414010
Only one mini concertina lift this time, which an assistant informed me he only had for Saturday and Sunday, so all the high up stuff had to be done in 2 days, with the assortment of ladders being used for the rest of it. I went to visit again on Sunday, I love how the lift on this makes her look like one of those African tribal women who practice 'neck lengthening' (I doesn't lengthen the neck apparently, it crushes the collar bones to make the neck look longer https://www.urbo.com/content/the-ancient-tradition-of-neck-elongation-explained/ )
View attachment 414011
He works fast, I went by again yesterday just before sunset and it looked stunning in the evening light
View attachment 414012
And the final bit of greenery was added today, it was signed, and tidied up. Truly stunning, I saw numerous jaws drop in amazement in just the few minutes I was there:notworthy:
View attachment 414013
I was going to add the Brockley Bob Marley, to the Brockley coathanger when I posted that at the weekend.
Just as well that I didn't.
Was Brockley Bob on page three as well, by any chance? ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Hall

I've been in Belgium and saw a few bits:
c319e4HGUGcRn6NcgUrQCnatJPOv3vySEdpND5tvPUjd2sd0T__jtOqd0D1v5CtDVzHNFwyyPYSV5erp8zF=w521-h777-no.jpg

This giant squid was hanging around in Brussels.
8KeRVT9P1RU9-uJi-v0S-AWxujeO79Er7fas5kmr8u1FCpltJJecOLW-mWx5St8RAd_6SUKurcZbr9feOY=w1161-h778-no.jpg

While this party scene was in the lovely city of Mechelen.
MCJwikqzVIlaZAdcNqAY9hFkQ6k31qqhBrekvu3scIJsDxCG9WXDGgUmPhU5zWbD-Nog8djRQcoZknBZE_=w1161-h777-no.jpg

This woman was outside the Stella brewery in Leuven, as was the giant toothpaste below. (Bike photographer's own)
UGys-aNdr-z0gvsn4KvHYBup6O76h0tk9vAxnh_8Yd_ohiZzbOv8u7oHwQDjzYeLo-YVQbYFnF0hfSqA0A=w1161-h778-no.jpg

QM5jG4mq8yaAcs2SpFADY_HO_Hedrg6ZKfZrlOhHnH3gjmLOHAsQlT5ol-h5J984SnlIgh2likRVPDN24Xd=w521-h777-no.jpg

I'm pretty sure the regular moped sign doesn't feature a pony tailed rider.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I was going to add the Brockley Bob Marley, to the Brockley coathanger when I posted that at the weekend.
Just as well that I didn't.
Was Brockley Bob on page three as well, by any chance? ;-)
^_^ Bob is even older, from page 2. And we've had the Roy Ayers one in Brockley too in case you're wondering:laugh:

Great stuff @SteveF that's our first from there I'm sure, thanks:okay:. This thread truly has gone global now^_^.

And thanks @Tim Hall some great ones there, really like the bird ones. And we can veer off course occasionally if its artistic, free, viewable by bike, and you deem it worthy, and those flowers are that:okay:

I've got a similarly off beat one today that made me laugh out loud when I saw it. Cutting through Hoxton square I came across this:
psfTCgr.jpg

Zx5dLSb.jpg

Yes believe it or not, that skip is a gallery, what a brilliant idea, love it^_^. More info here: https://www.skipgallery.com/
And on more familiar territory here's a colourful coral scene by Louis Masai in Tooting.
NXioupC.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom