Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Careful @booze and cake, one of those bees is making off with your bike!

buzz.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
^_^ Top skills @AndyRM
I went back to Hackney this evening to try and access the Nomadic community garden in Pedley St and find the other piece by Maikel Walkman mentioned above. In the words of Borat, great success!
aPpESmf.jpg

They had some other good stuff in there too, there's a lot going on in this
oJlQVR4.jpg

The fella with his back to us was having problems aligning the back wheel in his bike, so I helped him with his chain tug/tensioners so his wheel was in straight, a good community deed in a community garden^_^
Here's a few other works in the same garden:
tN1qtKb.jpg

A psychedelic owl
RWRCBhy.jpg

And I'm going to include these too as they were great, a monitor lizard and a chameleon made out of recycled car/motorbike tyres:okay:
GuFOSBZ.jpg

BKhUOcQ.jpg

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Brilliant job, @booze and cake.

You have the ability to come up with some very clever themes and the ability to put them into practice.

Was it you who cycled the London tube map a couple of years ago?

Another very clever idea.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks @Pale Rider , yes I did indeed cycle every underground, overground and DLR train line in London from end to end, which could be considered impressive or tragic^_^. I recorded that adventure on the LFGSS forum as I did that all on my single speed.

It just goes to show you don't have to have deep pockets or a passport for madcap cycle related adventures.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Thanks @Pale Rider , yes I did indeed cycle every underground, overground and DLR train line in London from end to end, which could be considered impressive or tragic^_^. I recorded that adventure on the LFGSS forum as I did that all on my single speed.

It just goes to show you don't have to have deep pockets or a passport for madcap cycle related adventures.

Top stuff.

And what @booze and cake doesn't say is he did some of the lines more than once having managed to miss a station the first time.

Did you get anywhere with turning the gps tracks into a graphic?

A lot more work, but it seems to me such a graphic would make saleable items if transferred to a T-shirt, tea towel, poster, mug, or somesuch.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Ah that takes me back..Yes it took me 3 attempts to do one line, but i don't have a Garmin or any tech so it was all done on hand written directions, and i clearly made errors....more than once...Must have been diesel poisoning :smile:.

I did the big map with the pages of 2 A-Z"s stuck together, and i traced over that onto clear plastic the lines which i did with felt tip pen. But i am a total techy dufus and despite trying a few free software things i was not able to get all the gpx's onto one map, all in the right colours. I still have the gpx"s somewhere so hope to revisit at some point and try again.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="booze and cake, post: 4914023, member: 27586". I still have the gpx"s somewhere so hope to revisit at some point and try again.[/QUOTE]

Worth a go I would have thought, although I don't doubt to do the job to a good standard will not be easy.

You might be lucky and come across a graphic artist/designer who would take an interest, they are far more computer literate than the likes of you and me.

AndyRM

XOXO
:hello:

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Ah so @AndyRM could be 'that person", wow that would be handy. I will have a rummage for the gpx"s and maybe message you if that's ok for any pointers. Thanks Andy.

Unfortunately the internet at home died last night, my landlord is the only person to sort it but he's away until Sunday, so it will have to wait until next week.

I may have similar probs uploading any new pics over the weekend too, so hang tight folks, back soon. Over to you in the interim.

Top Bottom