Stress

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've found this thread very interesting, one of the 'main' issues is work related stress etc.

I was prescribed some stuff about 5 years ago - but was already getting 'fuzzy heads' without it.... loads of work stress... Tried if for a couple of weeks but it didn't really help - problem was the job/relationship with the MD. He (the MD) was an ass (I was senior in the business), but a family member's sudden death tipped me to say 'fcuk it'..... moved jobs - i.e. resigned then contracted until something came up.

Unfortunately, that next job, despite being OK for 3 of the 4 years, got very demanding in the last 12 months, soooo... fcuk that as well before I fell down the slope again..... The job I had for six weeks in practice, after that one, nearly tipped me over though - so much pressure, traveling etc.... just binned that job then went contracting again....part of my get back commuting on the bike strategy...... contracted 10 miles from home for a while then got in a place that actually has a really good employee relations policy....been there three months now.

Like Noodley, I've always been a considerate manager, but the directors see you as soft.... eh...proper managers are considerate and allow folks to get sorted out..therefore much happier, harder working etc.... not rocket science...

It's soooo easy to get tipped over by work... my only doctor's visits in the last ten years were due to work related stress - I'm lucky it's only been a couple of times, but the doctors can see the issues from records when I've gone in to see them, if only to get signed off....

Good luck, and there is a good side to it all...if it's work related, then please, please find a new job.... For those that have had personal problems, then my thoughts are with you...

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
That has a lot to do with it Fossyant,i was an inspector,but left to go back driving because i was expected to treat the drivers like kids,and report daft things all the time,as well as i accidentally stopped the operations manager stealing from lost property,i got the wallet and money returned to its owner,he didnt like that,he wanted some tea and coffee funds built up i learned later,so was causing problems for me all the time after that.only problem was,he didnt stop,obstuctive,aggressive,and lies again.Then his supervisors joined in,probably to keep him off their back,but still,they were bad in their own way.I also have a few family issues,so put them all together and bang,here i am.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Things have took a turn for the worst today,my wifes mother has had a stroke,we spent the day at bishop hospital,after getting the call from her dad that she had blacked out and fell,not a nice time at the mo

I was put on anti-depressants at some point last year, and they did not help at all...Saw a different doctor from my usual one, and I think she just tried to get me out of the surgery quickly. The only thing I got were loads of side-effects (Escitalopram), so after a couple of months I took myself of them (after my normal doctor agreed with me it was a good idea)...

I know the drugs work for a lot of people and for those where they do, they clearly make a big difference. I'm on the second year of a counselling diploma myself and see a lot of clients that take ADs and come for counselling as well, and a lot of them say taking the ADs is what they needed to come out far enough from the black ditch they found themselves in to actually engage in counselling and be able to look at their difficulties, whereas before, all they could see was the black ditch with no way out and no point in trying.

PS Maggot, is the diploma screwing your head up as badly as it is mine?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
On this thread or another similar one, a book has been mentionned called something like "Stuck in a Door Way" or it might be Door Frame. I did a search on the forum without success. Does anyone know the proper title?

Thank you to anyone who can tell me the proper title.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Just had word of my mother inlaws progress,she had a quiet night,seems stable,but its going to be a long hard road for her,all her right side is not working,but it seems she is safe.which is the good news.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Col, I am sorry to hear your sad news about your Mother-in-law.

It is very difficult to know what else to say. Please try to take care of your wife and yourself at this very difficult time.

Regards from K.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I'm sorry to hear about that Col, I had a great-aunt had a stroke on New Years eve 2002 (she died two days later). It was a very bad and odd feeling and I don't really have anything to say but I wish your wife and her mother all the best.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Thanks,just in from the hospital,she has colour back in her cheeks,and she twiddled her left toes too,just sleeping all the time now,we were told thats what she will do for a couple of days now,its her body recovering.

nethalus

col said:
I agree,nothing like getting something off your chest.Especially if the listener really knows how to listen.

It's a bugger trying to get counseling though. There are big waiting lists at most of the places that provide the service. I'm trying to get my work place, via BUPA to get me onto counseling.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
It all helps,thanks a lot,she had a second stroke this morning,Strange but she looks back to herself in her face,good colour too,and she is snoring her loaf off.

Top Bottom