Strong or Hard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iandg

Legendary Member
Following on from this thread https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/seriously-strong-cycling-buddies.256334/

Do you consider yourself strong or hard?

Never thought of myself as being strong but I've completed some pretty tough events, ridden in some terrible conditions and have a don't give up attitude so maybe 'hard'. You might not consider yourself one or the other, just as someone who loves to cycle and do their own thing.

What factors make a cyclist hard or strong?

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Definitely neither for me. I cycle with stronger cyclists which hopefully keeps me fit but on the whole I just do my own thing. 👍

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I consider myself neither strong nor hard, but I have cycled in some nasty weather which would have been too unpleasant for some.

Having an ebike makes those conditions more bearable.

There was a forum ride from Hull with @Supersuperleeds and @EasyPeez which was bitterly cold, windy, and with horizontal sleet.

We considered duffing it, but set out anyway.

Good effort, particularly from the other two on their pushbikes.

I can still remember @Supersuperleeds leading from the front.

He might not consider himself hard, but he is certainly determined.

As the years tick by, I find myself less inclined to go out if the weather looks bad.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Following on from this thread https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/seriously-strong-cycling-buddies.256334/

Do you consider yourself strong or hard?

Never thought of myself as being strong but I've completed some pretty tough events so consider myself as 'hard'. You might not consider yourself one or the other, just as someone who loves to cycle and do their own thing.

What are your thoughts?

Why both of course :bicycle: in addition to being unfeasibly good looking, and possessing an above average intelligence.

But I try to keep a lid on it, or I'd have no friends left. :whistle:

pjd57

Veteran
I'm neither.
But I do like to use my bike all year round.
I never used to , but since I ditched my car in 2017 I don't have to find excuses to cycle / not cycle.
If I'm out ,so is my bike.

Probably just stubborn.
My Mrs has stopped asking if I'm " going out in that "

D

Deleted member 1258

Hardy more than anything else

Top Bottom