Strong or Hard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Hard.Then again perhaps a bit thick considering some of the conditions I’ve ridden in.Now a days just a soft ancient crumbly.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Following on from this thread https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/seriously-strong-cycling-buddies.256334/

Do you consider yourself strong or hard?

Never thought of myself as being strong but I've completed some pretty tough events, ridden in some terrible conditions and have a don't give up attitude so maybe 'hard'. You might not consider yourself one or the other, just as someone who loves to cycle and do their own thing.

What factors make a cyclist hard or strong?
To be fair, just getting your bike out of the shed with intent to ride is sufficient hardness in the OHs

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I have good days and bad days. I thought I was strong until my mate challenged me to White Horse Hill on fixies. Oh dear. He made it, I had to walk the steepest bit. Mind you, he's 30 and I'm 50. We're pretty even on regular rides because I'm better at pacing.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
To be fair, just getting your bike out of the shed with intent to ride is sufficient hardness in the OHs

You've not been keeping up with the news.
Him a mainland softie now.. :rolleyes:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I know....I was referring to his previous self....

Shouldn’t you be in bed?

Limbering up on the coast path first

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I consider myself neither strong nor hard, but I have cycled in some nasty weather which would have been too unpleasant for some.

Having an ebike makes those conditions more bearable.

There was a forum ride from Hull with @Supersuperleeds and @EasyPeez which was bitterly cold, windy, and with horizontal sleet.

We considered duffing it, but set out anyway.

Good effort, particularly from the other two on their pushbikes.

I can still remember @Supersuperleeds leading from the front.

He might not consider himself hard, but he is certainly determined.

As the years tick by, I find myself less inclined to go out if the weather looks bad.

That ride was certainly a character building one. Despite the weather I still enjoyed it, of course the company helped.

Top Bottom