Structured Training in 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
HRV App indicates body in recovery mode today. So defo no intervals. Easy walk in the mist me thinks

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
I’m trying out using the “Freeride” workout during outdoor rides today, it seems to be recording so far. Will be interesting if I can get a full commute ride into TR and see what stats it gives.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Started using Golden Cheetah software to track my fitness trends and workouts. I have found everything Training Peaks had and this software is free. Has some good charts showing VO2 trend, power trends, power curves by duration, and fitness vs. fatigue / freshness.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Started using Golden Cheetah software to track my fitness trends and workouts. I have found everything Training Peaks had and this software is free. Has some good charts showing VO2 trend, power trends, power curves by duration, and fitness vs. fatigue / freshness.
I used that a bit last year, but it’s quite manual and unintuitive.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I used that a bit last year, but it’s quite manual and unintuitive.

It is only manual in terms of loading your workouts. But that is drag and drop or it can talk to gps direct. There are some good help videos online and that let me understand the bits I care about. I found it relatively intuitive but different people connect with different UIs. Also depends what you were trying to use it for.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
I’m trying out using the “Freeride” workout during outdoor rides today, it seems to be recording so far. Will be interesting if I can get a full commute ride into TR and see what stats it gives.

No luck. TR stopped recording seven or twelve minutes into each ride and missed one altogether.

I’ll put the bike computer back on and do the whole golden cheetah thing next time.

It’s a shame you can’t record power rides into TR without Strava Premium.

huwsparky

Über Member
How did the Audax go @YukonBoy ?

Top Bottom