Structured Training in 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Well I fitted in some aerobic capacity pyramids at stupid O'clock this morning. right that is it till Friday now.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Double days seem to be working for me. 40mins interval run, then 2hr hill ride home yesterday, feel fine.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Fitted in a threshold session today. Took the time during a couple of the easy bits to get off bike to soak a cap in cold water and top up water bottle. If you are doing intervals in this heat make sure you do not overheat or get too dehydrated.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
My FTP went up a couple of weeks ago when I was on form and rested. Now that work is very physical and I am doing a hilly 16km School Run every day, I am struggling.

I am not ashamed to say I knocked my FTP down just so I can get through my workouts. My knee was hinting I need to. (Old rugby injury) Next week is a recovery week with easy workouts and then a favourite Audax route here in the West Country (Merry Monk)

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
FTP test today. Gone up from 227 to 234 so happy with that. Now on to the climbing road race specialty plan for the next 6 weeks.

Snap! Same as mine.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Lactate threshold intervals today. Golden Cheetah reckons my FTP is up another 3 watts and VO2 max still climbing. Reaching end of a build phase this weekend. Then a few day recovery and FTP and VO2 tests before starting build 2 phase.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Was due to do some Aerobic Capacity intervals today but my HRV App indicated I was not rested and should do light recovery work. So did an easy CTC ride tonight instead. Hopefully will be rested enough for the Intervals tomorrow.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Finished my ‘Speciality’ phase on TR. Presumably that means I am Olympic standard now.

I assume I rest up for a week or three then start again with the ‘Build’ Phase. I’m keen to ramp up the amount I train to mid volume, but I don’t ‘quite’ have enough time. I wonder if I drop the recovery ride mid week, I’ll be in keeping with a sensible structure. Anyone have any ideas?

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
@YukonBoy

Be forgotten how to get TSS out of goldencheetah, uploaded a file this morning has no values in the “model”. Any ideas?
I'm not sure what you mean about the TSS - does it not display at all, or does it display a zero?

As for the blanks in the model, this may help to explain it':
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/golden-cheetah-users/r43uiRGbU6E
It's worth reading the whole thread, but in summary - delete the activity, restart GC, reload the activity.

Top Bottom