Structured Training in 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
@Tin Pot You have to sekect a model to use as it is not set by default. Then it should show up.

Chappy

Guru
Finished my ‘Speciality’ phase on TR. Presumably that means I am Olympic standard now.

I assume I rest up for a week or three then start again with the ‘Build’ Phase. I’m keen to ramp up the amount I train to mid volume, but I don’t ‘quite’ have enough time. I wonder if I drop the recovery ride mid week, I’ll be in keeping with a sensible structure. Anyone have any ideas?

Heltor

Have you seen the minus version of most of the workouts. You can reduce you workout time without sacrificing to much TSS .

Oh well hopefully I can start to get back on it.
I did an FTP test today and its fallen by a 118w :ohmy: to 137w :ohmy::ohmy: but given my current state that's probably about right my best TT power of the year was only 150w.
I've been putting a lot of it down to stress, the resultant lack of training and a haemorrhoid but I've resolved the stress issue now and can star to rebuild.
I've also realised that my decline started just after we moved office and doh I never really focused on the AC vent directly overhead. That and a colleagues fan on full blast is playing havoc with my immune system. I've focused too much on the stress. On warmer day's my head is boiling but the left side of my body (my colleagues side) is freezing and the right side is fine. Its causing a allergic reaction which has narrowed my nasal passage and throat and exercise over 85% of my max HR is closing too much. If I keep it below 70% I can go on all day. I'm going to be anti social on Monday and move my desk and hopefully that resolves it and lets me rebuild. My VO2 max says it all:
Screenshot_2018-04-28-21-02-09.png

It was relatively high this time last year (62 ml/kg/min) then I started to taper and it gradually fell but I started to rebuild for the new season (up to 59 ml/kg/min) . Then I got one of those flu's and it fell quite a bit (55 ml/kg/min) but I built my self up again (back to 59 ml/kg/min). We moved office not long before that rebuild peak and as the AC unit/fan have been gradually used more I've fallen to 47 ml/kg/min. Garmin still describes that as excellent for my age but it sure doesn't manifest as such :ohmy:

400bhp

Guru
@YukonBoy

Be forgotten how to get TSS out of goldencheetah, uploaded a file this morning has no values in the “model”. Any ideas?

Are you on Farcebook? If so then sign up to TR beta testers. You then get loads of useful stats in the TR desktop, including TSS (historic) from ALL rides, not just TR workouts.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Are you on Farcebook? If so then sign up to TR beta testers. You then get loads of useful stats in the TR desktop, including TSS (historic) from ALL rides, not just TR workouts.
Yes but Inhave to estimate TSS for my outdoor rides because Strava won’t take the power data, I assume unless I subscribe to premium.

I found that there’s an option in GC that shows tss in the diary bit so you can see all tss values immediately. Still doesn’t show in the main reports though.

400bhp

Guru
Yes but Inhave to estimate TSS for my outdoor rides because Strava won’t take the power data, I assume unless I subscribe to premium.

I found that there’s an option in GC that shows tss in the diary bit so you can see all tss values immediately. Still doesn’t show in the main reports though.

I've just looked on my Strava and there's at least one person not on premium I know that has a power meter and it shows on Strava so that's a bit odd?

If you load up rides in gpx format that won’t show power data?

Last edited:

Chappy

Guru

I have let my premium membership run out. From today's workout it loaded my power data, I am using a crank power meter not the trainer to record the data if that helps.

uclown2002

Guru

Strava free shows me power meter data from zwift and the occasional outside ride.

Oh well hopefully I can start to get back on it.
I did an FTP test today and its fallen by a 118w :ohmy: to 137w :ohmy::ohmy: but given my current state that's probably about right my best TT power of the year was only 150w.
I've been putting a lot of it down to stress, the resultant lack of training and a haemorrhoid but I've resolved the stress issue now and can star to rebuild.
I've also realised that my decline started just after we moved office and doh I never really focused on the AC vent directly overhead. That and a colleagues fan on full blast is playing havoc with my immune system. I've focused too much on the stress. On warmer day's my head is boiling but the left side of my body (my colleagues side) is freezing and the right side is fine. Its causing a allergic reaction which has narrowed my nasal passage and throat and exercise over 85% of my max HR is closing too much. If I keep it below 70% I can go on all day. I'm going to be anti social on Monday and move my desk and hopefully that resolves it and lets me rebuild. My VO2 max says it all:
View attachment 406455
It was relatively high this time last year (62 ml/kg/min) then I started to taper and it gradually fell but I started to rebuild for the new season (up to 59 ml/kg/min) . Then I got one of those flu's and it fell quite a bit (55 ml/kg/min) but I built my self up again (back to 59 ml/kg/min). We moved office not long before that rebuild peak and as the AC unit/fan have been gradually used more I've fallen to 47 ml/kg/min. Garmin still describes that as excellent for my age but it sure doesn't manifest as such :ohmy:
Agggh the only free desk is next to an overweight chap who sits there wit a thick body warmer on and has the fan on too and I'm only marginally further away from a AC vent :-(

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
On a rest week after completing TR’s Speciality Phase and a weekend 100km Audax. Good thing really as I’ve caught my youngest daughter’s cold and it has moved to my chest. Rotten kids.

I think it’s shifting quick though. Hopefully was doing a 200km DIY on Saturday.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Lower back gone this afternoon not long after a 10k run. Think it was holding the baby yesterday that strained it. Limped home from work.

Now lying on back on floor at home thinking about doing Dade -1 and the run to swim I’ve planned for tomorrow morning...

...maybe it’s time for some gin based analgaesic.

Top Bottom