Structured Training in 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
FTP test this evening. 5% increase to 227 which I think is about right. That’s after 10km dragging myself around a client’s garden clipping lawns.

Not training for anything. Just keeping the walrus from the door now I’m in my mid forties. Usual Audax rides and my first 300 in July to watch for.

uclown2002

Guru
FTP of 306 watts @61.2 kg. Was 67kg IIRC when I did the test earlier this year, so need to have another crack soon. Pretty sure I can get very close to it or perhaps increase slightly.
Ride almost entirely on Zwift now using a Quarq dfour as the power source, which tracks very close to my Tacx Neo.
To be honest I don't any of the structured workouts in Zwift. I tend to race 3 or 4 times a week and do mostly Z2 on non race days.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
FTP of 306 watts @61.2 kg. Was 67kg IIRC when I did the test earlier this year, so need to have another crack soon. Pretty sure I can get very close to it or perhaps increase slightly.
Ride almost entirely on Zwift now using a Quarq dfour as the power source, which tracks very close to my Tacx Neo.
To be honest I don't any of the structured workouts in Zwift. I tend to race 3 or 4 times a week and do mostly Z2 on non race days.

Approaching 5W/kg.

:training:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I am finding out there is a great benefit to be had by diverting to a week of easy, endurance rides on TrainerRoad a week before a 200 Audax at the weekend rather than sticking rigidly to their programs. Some of their sessions are way to tough before a long ride.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
I am finding out there is a great benefit to be had by diverting to a week of easy, endurance rides on TrainerRoad a week before a 200 Audax at the weekend rather than sticking rigidly to their programs. Some of their sessions are way to tough before a long ride.
Speciality phase is where it eases back and gives you a proper taper...I’m still trying to do Build. :laugh:

FGSMM205

Hi guys! I'm doing a bit of market research into what cyclists (of all ages and abilities) look for in a training plan and I'm hoping you guys will be able to answer some questions for me, all feedback is greatly appreciated and will hopefully benefit you guys in the long run!

1: if you had to pick ONE factor that you would want to see improve as a result of a plan, what would it be? (e.g. lactate threshold, FTP, power:weight ratio etc)
2: how much would you be willing to spend on an annual training plan?
3: what features would you like to see in a plan? (e.g. ability to design plans for multiple events across the season rather than one at a time?)
4: what do you think current plans are missing?
5: how personal are the current plans you are on? are they tailored to you specifically or just the event, goal etc?

Thanks guys, I have been checking out this page loads and you all seem really friendly and responsive so I look forward to reading all your ideas and thoughts!

Cheers

Top Bottom