Stuffing face now, 70 mile ride tomorrow. Food?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
At least you didn't gorge on pasta - I find that after a big pasta meal the next morning's bathroom routine takes too long and requires two visits, which you don't want when you're on the start line.

Tin Pot

Guru
Overeating the night before an endurance event is one of many bizarre “common sense” practices out there.

Bonus points for the wine though :okay:

What you want to do before the ride is eat a ton of sprouts, and a couple of heaping bowls of chilli with plenty of beans, onions and lots of seasoning. Dried apricots for afters. Then on the morning if your ride a couple of bowls of bran flakes with raisins for breakfast, and a bowl of stewed apricots and prunes. Wash it all down with a quart of beer

You might not set a record pace for your 70 miles but I’ll guarantee you won’t have anyone on your rear wheel... not for long anyway

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
What you want to do before the ride is eat a ton of sprouts, and a couple of heaping bowls of chilli with plenty of beans, onions and lots of seasoning. Dried apricots for afters. Then on the morning if your ride a couple of bowls of bran flakes with raisins for breakfast, and a bowl of stewed apricots and prunes. Wash it all down with a quart of beer

You might not set a record pace for your 70 miles but I’ll guarantee you won’t have anyone on your rear wheel... not for long anyway

That's if you make it to the start. After eating that, I'm pretty sure I'd be on a rapid weight loss programme at home.

vickster

Legendary Member

All followed by an energy gel of a brand never tried before

Top Bottom