Stupid comments by companies.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Blue ink didn't photocopy as well.
It said BLANK ink :okay:

Lozz360

Veteran
And leaflets that say 'If you require this leaflet in another language, or braille, just ask'

If you can't read it, how would you know?
Pretend that English is not your first language. You can just about understand the written word but you would be more comfortable if it was written in your mother tongue.

presta

Guru
1647435909519.png

presta

Guru
When I was at Newcastle hostel they'd obviously had a visit from a tedious Health & Safety inspector. The whole kitchen was covered in droll notices like the one over the kettle:
"Parents are warned not to pour boiling water over their children, as it damages them"

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I saw this one again the other day...
A laundry tag that read (among the ususal stuff like wash at 30 etc)...
''Remove child before washing'

In what world could you extrapolate that possibility :huh: What idiot sat there thinking of risk and response came up with that one....30 years ago, you'd have been roasted by your boss for being so dumb.
A world in which people with a wacky sense of humour put up signs like this...? :whistle:

1647437350329.png

:laugh:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I saw this one again the other day...
A laundry tag that read (among the ususal stuff like wash at 30 etc)...
''Remove child before washing'

In what world could you extrapolate that possibility :huh: What idiot sat there thinking of risk and response came up with that one....30 years ago, you'd have been roasted by your boss for being so dumb.

As a purveyor of imported goods. I can confirm that the item of clothing was manufactured in the far east.

b2dcg801wz2b7v8yrsojpx49r81qhtgscnd8xmwbw&rid=200w.gif

Reactions: gbb

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Cadbury's recently reworked their ''pint and a half'' slogan for ''there's a glass and a half in everyone.'' So, are they saying that each one of us is walking around with one and a half glasses in themself? Is it some kind of pub brawl?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Cadbury's recently reworked their ''pint and a half'' slogan for ''there's a glass and a half in everyone.'' So, are they saying that each one of us is walking around with one and a half glasses in themself? Is it some kind of pub brawl?
Did they ever have a slogan of pint and a half? I know of "glass and a half", but not a pint.

Email can be text only, or rtf, or html, the latter includes images layout etc. If your email client can only handle text then you won’t see the html content. Hence the link to view the email in the browser and see the full html content of the email.
No, I was making the language point that the lazy wording might have meant the second but might not work for the reader but email is the whole thing not the second part hence of you can't read the email you won't see the warning part.

I was kind of not looking at technical aspects only wording. Stupidity is in the strict wording I reckon. Can't read email due to a non technical reason so you can't find out you can't read part of the email due to technical IT reasons.

If that makes sense, does to me but I'm like everyone else in my own mind making sense. :laugh:

Top Bottom