Stupid comments by companies.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The power of the internet allowed me to find this - a genuine excerpt from the instructions of my first digital camera in about 2002

bagpuss

Guru
Drinks for mugs/cups for tea & coffee at well known venues .Warning; contents maybe hot .:wacko::banghead:

It reminds me of a probable urban myth about a guy who insured his expensive cigars for a lot of money. Included in the eventualities covered was fire. Sure enough he put in a claim for the 20 cigars covered complete with 20 piles of ashes which were consistent with them burning.

The insurers were certain he'd smoked them but the wording laid no distinction between what types of fire were covered. So after the guy sued them they paid up and as he walked out of the court he got arrested for 20 counts of arson with the court transcript of his case being the evidence that proved it.

I know it's unlikely and not the same, but the idea that an insurance company could be so incompetent or not nail things down really appeals to me. 😊

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I remember an advert for a dating site a few years back. Uniform dating for people who wear a uniform but you can sign up even if you don't, or something to that effect.
So basically everyone, just remember thinking it was stupid.

I once rang my home insurance company to claim for an accidental television drop while decorating to be told I wasn't covered for accidental damage. I told them in that case I'd done it on purpose which flustered the call handler somewhat and eventually agreed the logic was silly. Never got a claim though 😂

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Not just companies, this was from a press release by East Suffolk Council regarding the Council Tax Rebate for those who do not pay by direct debit (my underlining)...

"...following national guidance and contacting all non-direct debit households to enable them to claim. To assist those digitally excluded, this will include a letter with a link to an online form or our contact number.” :banghead:

Alex321

Veteran
This.
Who was the target audience? Someone in the UK who can read English but is unfamiliar with the concept of cheese?
View attachment 635563
Vegan "cheeses" exist, which don't contain milk.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
The busses in Crewe used to be run by a company called Potteries Motor Traction. They had a sticker by the door saying, "Thank-you for travelling with PMT"
Only one way to sort PMT, if you ask me. Shop just up the road from me.
I lived in the Potteries, used the PMT busses all the time and their name generally made me smile, or grump, depending on the week.

Attachments

• 16DFDAF1-C273-4F45-AB08-F41377A4D809.png
    16DFDAF1-C273-4F45-AB08-F41377A4D809.png
    221.3 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom