Stupid comments by companies.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
No, I was making the language point that the lazy wording might have meant the second but might not work for the reader but email is the whole thing not the second part hence of you can't read the email you won't see the warning part.

You will see the warning as that is in the plain text part of the email which all email readers can read. The hmtl part of the email is in a different part of the email, which is sent multi part. Not all email readers support html format email. The plain text and html content of an email are entirely separate.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Avanti West Coast trains have a current ''This is how travel should feel'' advert. The only thing is that they convey their slogan with the use of a tortoise on roller skates. Have a look and decide whether it's how you feel travel should be.

To me it suggests travelling a hundred times faster than I can normally do, avoid all the traffic, getting to rural places and having fun whilst doing it. I suggest that was probably also the ad companies brief.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Avanti West Coast trains have a current ''This is how travel should feel'' advert. The only thing is that they convey their slogan with the use of a tortoise on roller skates. Have a look and decide whether it's how you feel travel should be.

I'm travelling with them at the end of the month - that is, if I make my connection.

There's more chance of seeing a Rollerskating Tortoise, than a TfW train on time :laugh:

Cycleops

Legendary Member

Ad agency people are very clever and creative but often get caught up in their own hype and horse manure.
You can imagine their presentation to Avanti when they would be describing their pitch with the roller blading tortoise. Yeah, see that's how it makes you feel , you like to be relaxed and slow like a tortoise but you're going fast at the same time.
I don't think it really works but I'm sure it is quite memorable which after all is what it's all about.

You will see the warning as that is in the plain text part of the email which all email readers can read. The hmtl part of the email is in a different part of the email, which is sent multi part. Not all email readers support html format email. The plain text and html content of an email are entirely separate.
I give up!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
And leaflets that say 'If you require this leaflet in another language, or braille, just ask'

If you can't read it, how would you know?
It is to pacify the paranoid racists who worry about what the non-english language bits on leaflets says when there is no obvious english translation.

I saw this one again the other day...
A laundry tag that read (among the ususal stuff like wash at 30 etc)...
''Remove child before washing'

In what world could you extrapolate that possibility :huh: What idiot sat there thinking of risk and response came up with that one....30 years ago, you'd have been roasted by your boss for being so dumb.

Probably they would, but 25 years ago I suspect somebody sued somebody over it, so it now has to be included...

Top Bottom