Suing the Cat for breach of contract

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Phaeton, 8 Jun 2019.

1. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

Has anybody got any experience?

I admit to being a hostile witness as I am more of a dog person, but it was agreed 3 years ago to take in an abandoned cat, well a cat that when the son's friends girlfriend moved out was left behind. One of the selling points would be that it's presence would deter the mice we get each year in the pantry.

Said cat otherwise known as 'Cat' or 'Puss' or even occasionally 'Pusspuss' we know is able to catch the said mice as it often leaves them dead in the utility room, it also seems to find immense pleasure in bringing them still alive into the lounge in an evening & then proceed to release them to show us how good it is at catching them.

However it has been noted on at least 2 occasions over the last month that mice have found their way into the pantry as Weetabix, Crunchy Nut cornflakes & flour packaging has been chewed.

What is the process, do we need to enter a disciplinary procedure, collect evidence in a day book, do we need to reprimand or go straight to legal? Is it simply 3 strikes & it's out, replace it with a younger version, although only about 4ish. As the cat was originally hermaphrodite we're unsure if the cat has any further protected status under any sex discrimination rules that we don't want to fall foul of.

Illaveago, C R, downesy and 8 others like this.
  2. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Make sure the pantry door is open so cat can get in.

3. byegad

byegad Legendary Member

Buy some traps, sack the cat and problem solved. [It's much cheaper than feeding the damn thing!]

mybike, C R and Andy in Germany like this.
  4. alicat

alicat Guru

Set some humane traps or find out where the mice are getting in and block the access.

Keep the cat as a pet. Simples.

Illaveago, Nigeyy, lane and 3 others like this.
  5. Ffoeg

Ffoeg .

Sack the cat, and employ a Patterdale.

You get a dog, and the mice get dealt with. It's win win

6. Oldbloke

Oldbloke Guru

You might want to check the contract for a getout claws.

BrumJim, slowwww, Illaveago and 31 others like this.
  7. Saluki

Saluki I've run away with my friends to..

Sack the cat and get a jack russell.

8. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

Did you read the contract thoroughly before you agreed to it? There is probably a small claws which gives exception.

9. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

It's strange you're still getting mice, they can usually smell the cat and won't come near.

Illaveago, Mrs M and Pat "5mph" like this.
  10. MartinQ

MartinQ Über Member

It won't care.
    You're there to provide for it, get over the idea that you're somehow in charge.

11. DCBassman

DCBassman Veteran

Truth...

MartinQ likes this.
  12. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

I am sure the problem can be worked out, but don't ask ME-OW

13. Shearwater Missile

Shearwater Missile Well-Known Member

Don`t bath the cat !

Andy in Germany likes this.
  14. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

You've obviously never bathed a cat. :ninja:

stephec, Illaveago, Saluki and 2 others like this.
  15. bladderhead

bladderhead Well-Known Member

Cats do not want to kill the mouse. They want to play with it until it dies of shock, at which point it becomes boring. This law invalidates any contract. Someone out there has a cat that very quickly kills any mouse and maybe even eats it, just to be perverse, but this is very rare. I had a cat that was not interested in catching anything. He wasn't even bothered to watch the mouse picking up breadcrumbs on the patio.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice