Suing the Cat for breach of contract

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Has anybody got any experience?

I admit to being a hostile witness as I am more of a dog person, but it was agreed 3 years ago to take in an abandoned cat, well a cat that when the son's friends girlfriend moved out was left behind. One of the selling points would be that it's presence would deter the mice we get each year in the pantry.

Said cat otherwise known as 'Cat' or 'Puss' or even occasionally 'Pusspuss' we know is able to catch the said mice as it often leaves them dead in the utility room, it also seems to find immense pleasure in bringing them still alive into the lounge in an evening & then proceed to release them to show us how good it is at catching them.

However it has been noted on at least 2 occasions over the last month that mice have found their way into the pantry as Weetabix, Crunchy Nut cornflakes & flour packaging has been chewed.

What is the process, do we need to enter a disciplinary procedure, collect evidence in a day book, do we need to reprimand or go straight to legal? Is it simply 3 strikes & it's out, replace it with a younger version, although only about 4ish. As the cat was originally hermaphrodite we're unsure if the cat has any further protected status under any sex discrimination rules that we don't want to fall foul of.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Make sure the pantry door is open so cat can get in.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's strange you're still getting mice, they can usually smell the cat and won't come near.

bladderhead

Cats do not want to kill the mouse. They want to play with it until it dies of shock, at which point it becomes boring. This law invalidates any contract. Someone out there has a cat that very quickly kills any mouse and maybe even eats it, just to be perverse, but this is very rare. I had a cat that was not interested in catching anything. He wasn't even bothered to watch the mouse picking up breadcrumbs on the patio.

Top Bottom