*Summer* long finger glove reccomendations ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bad boy

Über Member
Good Afternoon All,

I am after some long finger summer gloves for the road bike and was wondering what people would recommend ?.

My hands are sweating with the recent temp increase and thought I might as well get some now with the hope of better weather to come ;)

Thanks

jimboalee

No such thing.

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
Summer mitts are not for warmth. They protect the palms of your hands if you fall (real important - road rash on hands HURTS) and provide a bit of extra comfort on the bars.

Fingerless with mesh backs will still get sweaty but its worth it for the protection.

Longs will be way too hot quite soon (I hope).

OP
OP
B

bad boy

Über Member
I saw some spesh bg gloves which were marked up as road gloves really thin full finger.

I will pop down there on Monday and take a look.

Captain

Hi there,
I've got a pair of halfords own full finger gloves - they might not be the thinnest possible (I think that honour will go to mtb/bmx racing gloves) but they are very light and dextrous as well as they have a flannel side for wiping sweat from your brow.

I might get a pair like these love/hate gloves as I've seen them in the shop and they're pretty thin. These Odyssey gloves are the thinnest I have seen so far (also thinking about buying myself.)I must say there are a lot of different gloves stocked by my local Evans Cycles I'd hope that it's the same elsewhere in the country.

Captain

OP
OP
B

bad boy

Über Member
aJohnson said:
I have Specialized BG gel long finger summer gloves. They've been good too me, nice padding and my hands have never been too sweaty.

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/specialized-bg-gel-item136343.html

I'll probably be getting some Castelli Rosso Corsa short finger gloves soon.

Thanks all for the replies !,

The BG gel were the ones I specifically had in mind I will pop down my ;bs tomorrow and take a look

kyuss

Veteran
+1 for Specialized full fingered. I've got a pair of XC lite and they're great in summer, spring and autumn. I even use them as a liner under my winter gloves for extra warmth, they're that thin. They don't have padding on the palms, but I find that more comfortable most of the time, as IME, padded palms tend to be biased towards MTB and all the squidgy bits are in the wrong place for road riding. Maybe I've just got odd hands.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
another option is to wear whatever fingerless mitts you like and add in some liner gloves. I'm currently wearing these under my mitts:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-Pure-Silk..._Snowboarding_Clothing_LE?hash=item1e54d35bb3

I don't know how they'll be when it gets warmer but they are very thin and light. They also mean very soft bits for nose wiping and you can easily remove them to revert to fingerless as need be. They machine wash no problem and seem robust. Mine have had about 40 wears and 20 washes so far and held up fine.

Top Bottom