Summer of '76

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Dayvo said:
What? In 1976?
Hang on a sec!

How's your maths? :biggrin:
Or were you born in a funny kind of parallel leap year? :tongue:
No, Cathryn is right, there is a decade long period of non ageing for most women, that can be applied retropectively, at or around that age range. :ohmy:
:B)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I had just finished my degree and worked all summer on the deckchairs on Brighton beach. What a skive, girls and swimming all day. It went downhill from then!

terry huckle

Summer of `76 just arrived in Glasgow, met my wife to be . I remember going round to her house to watch the Olympics (her parents being away on holiday) Somehow, I don`t remember too much about the Olympics.

2nd year at Chelsea School of Art, playing masses of cricket - like Dayvo, and have memories of driving around Harrow looking for parties on Friday Saturday Sunday nights with my mate Tony. In his Triumph Herald with the top down, drinking light and bitters on the move...and never having problems 'crashing' parties. Today we would be shot / arrested.

Although released the previous year, these classics prevailed:
This was popular on the cricket disco circuit, as was this...on the Carribean evening circuit!
;):becool::wacko::becool::blush::becool::ohmy::becool::ohmy::becool::smile::smile::becool::becool::becool:

Norv

1976? Formation of the Clash obviously. Plus the Ramones released their first album. Still 13 years before I was born though!

Renard

I got a dog for my birthday - a West Highland Terrier called Hamish.

That's actually quite a 70's thing isn't it? Buying kids dogs for birthdays or Xmas? :biggrin:

MarkF

Guru
I was 14, I remember being on holiday in Cornwall and vividly recall the TV news showing people frying eggs on their car bonnets. Why did they do that?:biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
i was working on building sites in 76...i remember we were having to hose the newly built walls down on houses to stop the mortar drying out too quick. That was in East Bridgeford if Joe24 knows that area.
I dont remember the ladybirds,but i do remember the heat :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
Yes i remember the summer of 76,what a scorcher,i was introduced to worthingtons E lager,in a local dive,er i mean pub for the first time,and after three pints went to our mates girlfriends to babysit,and with great noise puked up in the downstairs toilet,it was while the incredible hulk was on tv,and i seemed to have matching growls,i was 14 then,and also remember the pinstripe suits that seemed to be the fashion.:biggrin:

Top Bottom