Summer of '76

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iandg

Legendary Member
a good year of racing and long club runs in the sun

Bigtallfatbloke

I remembe rit was a hot summer and we had those small hand held battery driven fans for the first time ever. Spent much of it skipping skool and hanging out on Brighton beach and in the arcades.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I remembe rit was a hot summer and we had those small hand held battery driven fans for the first time ever. Spent much of it skipping skool and hanging out on Brighton beach and in the arcades.

Did you hire one of my deckchairs? We used to do a cash deal for Essex boys!:evil:

Mac66

I was 9. I used to live next to a railway embankment and it caught fire. Fire brigade called in to put it out. Also seem to remember standing pipes being installed to provide water.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I was 14. I probably spent the summer indoors masturbating. :thumbsup:

red_tom

I was 5. I remember the standpipes and tormenting ants with a magnifying glass. I don't remember being sunburnt though (As a ginger, this fits in somewhere for most other summers....:thumbsup::biggrin:)

twowheelsgood

Wow, a different world back then, one where you could actually fail an exam.

I was 5 at the time and remember sticking to the vinyl seats of dad's austin cambridge countryman.

Maz

Guru
I was at junior school then.
All I remember was that it was blistering hot that summer. Even I got a suntan.

Maz

Guru
The front page of every local paper had a picture of a cherubic toddler wearing a floppy hat eating a dripping ice-cream cone, with the headline "Phew! What A Scorcher!"

Top Bottom