When it's warm, do you...?

• Wear mitts (fingerless gloves)

Votes: 82 69.5%
  • Wear nothing on your hands

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Wear gloves all year round

Votes: 15 12.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Just bought me two pairs of mitts from condor. My current pairs are looking really tatty after so many years of use.

As above, assuming you’re using protection, does the sunscreen not make the hands slippery?

my problem with sunscreen is that it gets all over the bar tape and grips/hoods and makes it such a sticky mess that is supremely hard to clean off.

Reactions: C R
As a young man, I chucked a motorbike up the road and, in the process, ruined one of my lovely new unlined summerweight gloves. But my hands were undamaged, which is more than could be said for the bike....
Since then, I have always worn gloves when riding any two wheeler.
I prefer full fingered gloves to track mitts, but that is a personal choice. Mrs Salad wears either track mitts or fleece gloves, depending upon the weather.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
As a young man, I chucked a motorbike up the road and, in the process, ruined one of my lovely new unlined summerweight gloves. But my hands were undamaged, which is more than could be said for the bike....
Since then, I have always worn gloves when riding any two wheeler.
I prefer full fingered gloves to track mitts, but that is a personal choice. Mrs Salad wears either track mitts or fleece gloves, depending upon the weather.
That's a very good point, had a fair few spills over the years but not actually done anything to my hands luckily. Makes me think a lightweight pair of gloves could be a worthy investment

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I use the front of my hands to apply the stuff.

Thus a benefit of wearing gloves is that no sun-cream contacts my bars :smile:

I use my finger tips after washing hands after applying elsewhere. Then wipe fingers. It's not such a problem if you use Something like 'Calypso, once a day, non greasy'. I can't stand the greasy sticky stuff.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I know it's off the topic of mitts but I had my first "damn, missed a bit" experience of the year last weekend. Sore, bright red, triangle on the back of my right calf where I didn't apply sunblock.

Gloves when it's cold, mitts when it's not. And all out of Lidl and always been good enough for me. In fact, just got two pairs of mitts during their latest cycling sale and they are great.

Mind you, I eat cold baked beans out of the tin...........

OP
OP
UphillSlowly

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
20230612_091542.jpg

After a long day on the bike yesterday I know have mitt tan lines (I tan quickly due to my heritage)

For me thick gloves in winter - until they get too hot
Then thin gloves until they get too hot and sweaty
Then bare hands most of the summer
If I can ride as much as I like to then I end up with a tan (or as much as I can ever get) on the hands up to the joints - then white where it is in shade caused by my hands and the bars
Quite like it like that - sort of a badge of honour!

Top Bottom