When it's warm, do you...?

• Wear mitts (fingerless gloves)

Votes: 82 69.5%
  • Wear nothing on your hands

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Wear gloves all year round

Votes: 15 12.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
I came off on a gravel-strewn corner in my early 20s. Having the gravel scrubbed out and and having the last piece of overlooked gravel removed via general anaesthetic was no fun. Oh and I've still got some scars. So it's mitts every time unless I'm on my shopper bike on well-known routes.

Red17

Veteran
This time of year it's mits on road and full finger off road due to the amount of nettles about. Nettle stings on my fingers tend to irritate for a couple of days

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Don't know if they replied but a relative of mine does, any recommendations of heated gloves to help with alleviating symptoms appreciated.

To answer your question my mitts died last year, I haven't bought new ones and so far am not missing them so bare hands for me.

I have Blazewear heated liner gloves.

In really cold weather, wear them under crab claw outers.

Miracle cure for Raynauds.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Wear mitts all year round unless it gets really cold in which case the full finger gloves come out. It started as wearing them for protection in case of an off, but now it's one of thos psychological things that I can't ride without them.
During the colder weather, I have mitts that are a size larger than normal and wear some form of thermal glove underneath - either Decathlon thin fleece liner gloves or the thicker knitted acrylic 'magic' gloves.

Edit - I also have a very runny nose in all conditions when exercising and the towelling pad on the back of the mitts gets a lot of use!

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
My Lidl/Aldi mitts from when they had decent cycling stuff rather than the more recent tat in terms of clothing remain my go to ones despite having tried some from proper cycling brands.

Reynard

Guru
Mitts in summer, varying thickness of gloves during the rest of the year.

The exception is late summer when I know I'm going foraging e.g. blackberries, and then I do prefer full finger - rather get thorns in the glove than thorns in me.

I am very pleased to note that there are just over 10% of us who wear gloves all year round. As others, I do it for a combination of cold hands and safety. All my stuff, from bikes to clothing are from Decathlon.

Drago

Legendary Member
Lidl stuff does me. I'm very harsh on contact points because of my fat lardy blubber extremely muscular body and even the best stuff has the padding flattened in short order. For those purposes Lidl stuff lasts me as long as the regular stuff like Endura, ie, not particularly long, and is a fraction of the price.

Alex321

Veteran
I have about 4-5 different pairs of gloves, ranging from very lightweight silk ones (about worn out now), up to ski gloves, to be worn according to weather/time of year.

Whenever the temperature is below about 6-7C, it will be the ski gloves, above about 12C, it will be the lightweight gloves, intermediate ones in between.

Top Bottom