Sun snipe plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
geo-l

geo-l

Regular
Looks amazing Spokesmann. I have still to take more photos of mine. I have been busy at work and decorating at night.
Will try for this weekend.

looking forward to seeing the fruits on this one

OP
OP
geo-l

geo-l

Regular
I have not done anything with the paintwork. I have mostly tried to get rid of the rust that had appeared over the years of being stored in the shed.

OP
OP
geo-l

geo-l

Regular
100_2312.JPG
100_2308.JPG
100_2309.JPG
100_2310.JPG
100_2311.JPG
I still have more I could do with the bike. Hope you think it has been ok so far.

OP
OP
geo-l

geo-l

Regular
Should I have just put cloth tape on the bars ?

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Cloth tape would be more period correct, the thick stuff on there now, although probably giving more grip, looks clumsy and out of place to me. I had the same on my Snipe, except to add to the 'look' the previous owner went and put a tightly wound inner tube on each bar too. Looks too thick, too modern, dare I say! To me its all about the look as well s the ride experience, some goof back Tressorex will look terrific. But hey this is just my view and my tastes, its not my bike!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Cloth tape would be more period correct, the thick stuff on there now, although probably giving more grip, looks clumsy and out of place to me. I had the same on my Snipe, except to add to the 'look' the previous owner went and put a tightly wound inner tube on each bar too. Looks too thick, too modern, dare I say! To me its all about the look as well s the ride experience, some goof back Tressorex will look terrific. But hey this is just my view and my tastes, its not my bike!
I use it on all mine, coupled with gel padded gloves. The thick stuff just looks wrong, somehow making the bikes look like an 80s/90s drop bar BSO.

OP
OP
geo-l

geo-l

Regular
The frame is stamped V6671 at the rear wheel hub. Can anyone put a date of manufacture on it.

Top Bottom