Sunday Cycling Restrictions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's a researched truth, unfortunately (or not, as the case may be).
Increased education directly proportional to decrease in religiosity.
Yes, although it is true that there are some very clever folk who are believers (always seems odd to me but there you go - nowt so queer as folk).

You only need to look at the evidence.

ie: might be worth pondering why so many saints/virgin marys/associated spooks seem to have a fondness for doing day trip descendings/vocal performances/party tricks in certain types of areas. If they had an only half sussed tour manager one would expect them to go for maximum exposure/conversion possibilities by gigging in large advanced cities. But no,they have a definite fondness for distinctly rural economically undeveloped areas.

Of course there is the alternative suggestion - that so many saints decided to drop in to Italy (until recently had very low literacy) because the place is especially blessed and favoured, but I kinda doubt it somehow.

Globalti

Legendary Member
To Italy you can add Spain, France, Ireland and I bet the entire continent of South America as well as parts of South-East Asia. Having been brought up in a Catholic family and having spent a lot of the last 35 years doing business with Muslims I've come to believe both religions are pretty similar. They both give people all the answers and their adherents are usually so indoctrinated that they are incapable of seeing any point of view other than the doctrine.

To Italy you can add Spain, France, Ireland and I bet the entire continent of South America as well as parts of South-East Asia. Having been brought up in a Catholic family and having spent a lot of the last 35 years doing business with Muslims I've come to believe both religions are pretty similar. They both give people all the answers and their adherents are usually so indoctrinated that they are incapable of seeing any point of view other than the doctrine.
Unfortunately, that's pretty much the objective truth. We are barely out of our scaredy-cat childhood as rational beings.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom