England : London Sunday london Ride: Monopoly Edition - 19 November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
The toast was from not particularly special bread either, slices two, whole. I had omitted to pick up cutlery, so to save time I whipped my Opinel No. 7 from my bag and bisected my butty with that. I think they're trading on their reputation.

Been once and only recently. £10.50 is a lot for a breakfast but i don't mind every now and then for something special. I asked;

"How much meat am I getting in this"

"oh loads" came the answer,

"how many sausages?" I enquired further.

"oh, 2 or 3"

My foodie sense was tingling but I ordered anyway.
A pretty small breakfast with 2 small snags came. To say after my enquires I felt cheated is an understatement.:sad:

U

User10571

I was the old boy on the other black Brompton. I've been on loads of rides that you've been on, the last one I think was the windy Whitstable to Ramsgate earlier this year.... BTW, liked the boots, very sensible!
Ah!
Thank you.

Reactions: GM

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
That was fun. Thank you Ross, the waymarkers and all-uppers. London was looking fantastic. I hadn't appreciated how many areas that used to be fairly shabby have now become quite hip. I got chilled to the marrow drinking Kernel outside at LMNH, but it had to be done. It was good to catch up with GM again and to meet OxBox and see a lot of familiar and friendly faces. A good day out.

Tim Hall

ydcQWrAFd7ZpSHrWYg6bIG2pRYYx6RX9g2r7B6GI6462WAYx1ENCaFfZeIXl5K15GFBeesb936J0Pbygdc=w1158-h775-no.jpg

The nearest thing I have to a group photo. I'm the one behind the camera.
R07sfJ-4JQEQMMqSHphfh8dOIiggr1lLkyDaILwZPv4SxW1K1PKkSTPLVCiQDxuZnIX8-bD5LxC_LH_ViY=w1158-h775-no.jpg

Can anyone explain the affinity between scooter riders and the Royal Artillery? The Royal Artillery memorial has a several of wreaths from various scooter clubs. The interwebs aren't very forthcoming on the matter.
RJLuoNXEyx_HarMAIW48hW8UK62BnuOfPP3f9zzgxXpxpPgqLQuhpU59Ps4R_V21uTKWB6N3nqojPflhIQ=w1158-h775-no.jpg

This addition to a no entry sign was down Cable Street.

The rest of my pics are here - go for the slide show option for full bigness. Some will pop up in @booze and cake 's Street Art thread too.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
View attachment 383907

The nearest thing I have to a group photo. I'm the one behind the camera.
View attachment 383908
Can anyone explain the affinity between scooter riders and the Royal Artillery? The Royal Artillery memorial has a several of wreaths from various scooter clubs. The interwebs aren't very forthcoming on the matter.
View attachment 383909
This addition to a no entry sign was down Cable Street.

The rest of my pics are here - go for the slide show option for full bigness. Some will pop up in @booze and cake 's Street Art thread too.
Great pics Tim. Thanks.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Nice chilly day out, thanks Ross, I snuck over to Cafe du cyclists at Liverpool st (to Buy Sh!t) and low and behold one of female Riders from their web catalogue was behind the till. Great pics Tim, It's always nice to see you guys on a Sunday and that includes you TMN x

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Just for the record, the beer was good, the pub was nice and warm, and the steak and stilton pie with spiced red cabbage, mash, and gravy was, well, exceptional. :hungry:

View attachment 383947
Nom.....might try that place some time.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Shame about the LMNH food comments, but from where I was sitting those remarks looked perfectly justified.
My avo. on toast was excellent, tho’.
As for the ride, thank you @rb58 for dreaming that up. Pretty much all bases covered, except I recall from recent misspent lunch breaks another Vine St. tucked away behind Fenchurch st. It is another cul-de-sac, but it’s slightly longer than the one we visited. Who knows which was intended by whoever designed the board. (Mr. Parker or his brother?)
Thank you all anyway, I really enjoyed today.
It’s been said before, I know, but I’ll repeat it - everyday’s a schoolday with a CC group.
Oh, and loved the photos @Tim Hall!

Last edited:

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
That’s fascinating about the New River - I used until very recently to commute along the New River Path in Canonbury without knowing what it meant.
Now I know.
Everyday’s a schoolday here! Did I mention that before?

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Been once and only recently. £10.50 is a lot for a breakfast but i don't mind every now and then for something special. I asked;

"How much meat am I getting in this"

"oh loads" came the answer,

"how many sausages?" I enquired further.

"oh, 2 or 3"

My foodie sense was tingling but I ordered anyway.
A pretty small breakfast with 2 small snags came. To say after my enquires I felt cheated is an understatement.:sad:

Youre not the only one to think this....

First time ever visiting LMNH during the previous SLR and I was left very very disappointed seeing as for a little short of £6 down my neck of the woods, can get you so much more.... including 4 slices of toast and a cup of tea, you get two sausages that doesnt look anemic, three tasty strips of bacon that dont look like stringy thin pieces of pancetta and black pudding. The scrambled eggs was different though. I quite enjoyed that compared to my regular cafe.

I dare say that im more inclined to look for somewhere else near LMNH where i can get more value for money before we arrive there or just stick with one of their sarnies. The only issue is, im usually quite ravenous when we finish the ride so preferably would like to top the tank up for the ride home :sad:

ozboz

Guru
image.jpeg
I think I've ridden with everybody who was on today's ride on one occasion or another, with OzBoz probably being the only exception (Nice to meet you OzBoz).
But I'm unsure who you are..... Can you identify yourself by bike or clothing, pls?
I was on the black Brompton, black top and lookin' for trouble boots.

That's me in the white jacket with blue n red stripes ,
Top day and well
planned to say the least, good meeting up with you all ,
The weather was a bonus , as for the next ride that was mentioned on Friday the 16th December, it a no can do for me , I'm 65 on the 16th and I've got family and friends coming to Richmond from up North and Wales , Bugger !!
No doubt I'll see you all in the New Year sometime

Tim Hall

That’s fascinating about the New River - I used until very recently to commute along the New River Path in Canonbury without knowing what it meant.
Now I know.
Everyday’s a schoolday here! Did I mention that before?
Back in the day we would visit my uncle and aunt in Cheshunt. My aunt was my Mum's sister. My uncle was a keen local historian and we'd go on walks along the New River, where he'd tell us stuff about it, so I was already aware of it (it's neither New nor a River). On Saturday I was at a memorial service for my aunt, kind of bringing that era to an end.

I looked up General Napier, whose statue we waited by in Trafalgar Square. Contrary to my Roman numeral sums on Sunday, he was in the Napoleonic Wars but is better known for being governor of Sindh in India. Allegedly he sent the one word message "Pecavi" on conquering the province, which is yer actual Latin for "I have sinned". Those whacky colonial conquerors eh. (Wickipedia says he didn't send it after all. Chiz.)

U

User10571

Now safe in my workshop. Was surprised to find it on the rack when I was on the train, had completely forgotten about it. Anyone remember to whom it belongs? I'll make an effort to get it to its rightful owner.

EDIT Although as it appeared to be broken, maybe they don't want it back(?)
Was it not the rider on the left in Tim's photo at the Artillery Memorial?
White helmet, grey top, grey (Genesis?) bike - sorry I never caught your name.

Top Bottom