England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
On the 14th August, there's a test event going on for the Olympic Road Race. The London Surrey Cycle Classic, we could just watch it on the Mall or we could go further out. Any one up for it?

There's a rumour on the BBC website that Cav may ride it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sounds like a jolly jape Martin

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
On the 14th August, there's a test event going on for the Olympic Road Race. The London Surrey Cycle Classic, we could just watch it on the Mall or we could go further out. Any one up for it?

There's a rumour on the BBC website that Cav may ride it.

Yup. I've had this in my calendar since it was announced. After riding the route a few times I'd say the best place is going to be Richmond Park near Star & Garter Hill and the race passes by there twice.

EDIT : Although with it not being an official viewing location is unlikely to have screens showing the entire race.

Abs

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
definitely will get up for this

FTFY
thumbsup.png

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Not sure on how busy it'll be the UK isn't exactly France for loving cycling. :biggrin: We can't do Box Hill or the Mall as they're invite only. I haven't as yet looked at the timings for when they pass a certain area. Could organise around that, watch em pass, go off for a pootle and a coffee, head to another location and watch em pass.....?

Abs

Top Bottom